Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: delete records from a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting delete records from a file Post 302135528 by robotronic on Monday 10th of September 2007 09:23:39 AM
Old 09-10-2007
Yes it's almost right. The operator "!~" means "does not match regexp".
The given regular expression matches exactly the word "abc" in the second field, so all the lines that does match this criteria are discarded.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Duplicate records from a tilde delimited file

Hi All, I want to delete duplicate records from a tilde delimited file. Criteria is considering the first 2 fields, the combination of which has to be unique, below is a sample of records in the input file 1620000010338~2446694087~0~20061130220000~A00BCC1CT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: irshadm
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use records from one file to delete records in another file

file_in_1: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 file_in_2: 9 10 11 12 21 22 23 24 1 2 3 4 17 18 19 20 file_out: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can you delete records in a file matching a pattern?

I am curious if the following can be done in a file in unix. Let's say I have a flat file with the following data AAA,12,2,,,, BBB,3,1,,,, CCC,,,,, DDD,2,,,,, SQQ,,,,, ASJ,,3,5 I only want to capture the data with values into a new file. If the data contains the pattern ,,,,, as in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mode09
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to delete files with no records?

Hi, I have a file whose size is not zero but it has no records and another which has records. I want to delete all the files that have no records in it (even if size > 0). How do I do it? I have tried the below option #!/bin/ksh temp1 = $(wc -l < INVX102C.sf) if ; then echo "Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sangharsh
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file...

Need unix commands to delete records from one file if the same record present in another file... just like join ... if the record present in both files.. delete from first file or delete the particular record and write the unmatched records to new file.. tried with grep and while... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: msathees
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records from a big file based on some condition

Hi, To load a big file in a table,I have a make sure that all rows in the file has same number of the columns . So in my file if I am getting any rows which have columns not equal to 6 , I need to delete it . Delimiter is space and columns are optionally enclosed by "". This can be ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemantraijain
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete records within a file upon a condition

Hi Friends, I have the following file, cat input chr1 1000 2000 chr1 600 699 chr1 701 1000 chr1 600 1710 chr2 900 1800 Now, I would like to see the difference of Record1.Col2 - Record2.Col2 Record1.Col2 - Record2.Col3 Record1.Col3 - Record2.Col2 Record1.Col3 - Record2.Col3 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete records based on a text file from a text file

Hi Folks, I am a novice and need to build a script in bash. I have 2 text files data.txt file is big file, column 2 is the we need to search and delete in the output. The filter file contains the rows to be deleted. Data.txt state city zone Alabama Huntsville 4 California SanDiego 3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the records in file based on lookup file.

Hi I have two files one.txt and two.txt one.txt 123 324 456 235 456 two txt abc one 000 123 abc abc one 000 456 abc abc one 000 122 abc abc one 000 111 abc My question here is, the records which are present in one.txt has to deleted in second file two.txt my output result... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match - A standard pattern match regex INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Regexp::Match isa PPI::Token::Regexp isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element SYNOPSIS
$text =~ m/match regexp/; $text =~ /match regexp/; DESCRIPTION
A "PPI::Token::Regexp::Match" object represents a single match regular expression. Just to be doubly clear, here are things that are and aren't considered a match regexp. # Is a match regexp /This is a match regexp/; m/Old McDonald had a farm/eieio; # These are NOT match regexp qr/This is a regexp quote-like operator/; s/This is a/replace regexp/; METHODS
There are no methods available for "PPI::Token::Regexp::Match" beyond those provided by the parent PPI::Token::Regexp, PPI::Token and PPI::Element classes. Got any ideas for methods? Submit a report to rt.cpan.org! SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Regexp::Match(3)