Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO problems installing 5.0.7 on HP DL 380G5 Post 302135319 by jose_antonio on Friday 7th of September 2007 04:56:07 PM
Old 09-07-2007
problems installing 5.0.7 on HP DL 380G5

hi there,

i have a hp DL380G5 with hpsas array controller P400.
when installing, i use bootstring as following;

defbootstr link=hpsas hd=Sdsk Sdsk=hpsas(0,0,0,0) Srom=wd(0,0,0)

then BTLD disk boots ok and looks like the drivers are loaded, all devices show up in boot screen, giving me a WARNING: wd(0) now using polled interface.

in the next step we say which boot device we use, in this case the IDE CDROM and say next to go ahead, it say to me that no cd is detected.

one thing, if a dont use de bootsting, knowing that it will not detect de array controller and go ahead with the installation, at the point of the ide cdrom, it detects OK.

i think that when it detects de hpsas controller, it overlaps o something de IDE CDROM driver and does not detect it.

I CANNOT INSTALL de opensever 5.0.7. PLEASE HELP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing Solaris 2.6 on E4500

I have been trying for several days now to get 2.6 to load and boot on a Sun E4500. The installation appears to go seamlessly, but when it tries to boot the kernel panics and reboots immediately after the kernel loads (after the spinning \|/- thing). I installed Solaris 8 to make sure there were no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems about installing Solaris 8 on PC

1. OSes coexistence can i install solaris 8 on my pc's 3th primary harddisk partition without damage the user and boot datas of installed operation system? and does i have to install Solaris 8 within several G(such as 8G) size of the harddisk? the following is partition table of my harddisk: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samprax
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems Downloading and Installing Stuff

HI to everyone, I have been for a very long time in my life a GUI user, and now that i have to use a Solaris 5 terminal, i am not sure how to do some things: Downloading stuff from the internet: How do i do that? in a GUI you just click on the link and start downloading automatic, but i have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Problems Installing Top

I've been trying to install Top on our Solaris box but it's giving me some trouble. The uname -a command shows SunOS servername 5.9 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 I downloaded Top form www.unixtop.com. On the initial install I got errors because I didn't have a C compiler installed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problems de-installing NetConnect

I have run into a problem while attempting to de-install netconnect from a Sol8 box. We got an error during the un-install script when it tries to remove SUNWsrsrp. It can't find the srsuser. We have no idea what user was specified initially. I have tried to remove the package on its own, to no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i_am_homer
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Will re-installing the Solaris OS help when present OS has problems

Does re-installing the Solaris OS when the existing OS has problems solve the issue? Problem here I mean "FILE SYSTEM BAD" after a fsck and the machine is not rebooting. My doubt also includes the question whether all inodes etc in the hard disk of the Sun machine gets re-formatted when we... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Problems installing Solaris 10

I just built my new computer with a q6600 quad core, 4 gig ram, Nvidia vidoo card but when I try to install the latest Solaris 10 on it the keyboard is not being detected when the installation starts so I'm unable to go complete the installation. First I tried a USB keyboard and it didn't work,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isomorphic
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Java Problems

Hello, When i attempt to install Java. I get this error code Can someone tell me what im doing wrong. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fob Upset
2 Replies

10. AIX

Installing SAMBA problems

I have created an LPAR and the next step is to get SAMBA installed, I have mounted our NIM server up and copied over the SAMBA binaries .bff files. How do i install these? i tried doing this through SMIT but had no luck..? Any help would be greatly appreciated. AIX OS 6.1 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audis$
2 Replies
ATKBDC(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 ATKBDC(4)

NAME
atkbdc -- the AT keyboard controller interface SYNOPSIS
options KBD_RESETDELAY=N options KBD_MAXWAIT=N options KBDIO_DEBUG=N device atkbdc In /boot/device.hints: hint.atkbdc.0.at="isa" hint.atkbdc.0.port="0x060" DESCRIPTION
The keyboard controller atkbdc provides I/O services for the AT keyboard and PS/2 mouse style pointing devices. This controller is required for the keyboard driver atkbd and the PS/2 pointing device driver psm. There can be only one atkbdc device configured in the system. DRIVER CONFIGURATION
Kernel Configuration Options The following kernel configuration options can be used to control the atkbdc driver. They may be set in the kernel configuration file (see config(8)). KBD_RESETDELAY=X, KBD_MAXWAIT=Y The keyboard driver atkbd and the pointing device driver psm may ask the atkbdc driver to reset these devices during the boot process. It sometimes takes a long time before these devices respond to the reset command. These options control how long the atkbdc driver should wait before eventually giving up -- the driver will wait X * Y msecs at most. If the drivers seem unable to detect devices, you may want to increase these values. The default values are 200 msec for X and 5 for Y. KBDIO_DEBUG=N Sets the debug level to N. The default value is zero, which suppresses all debugging output. SEE ALSO
atkbd(4), psm(4), config(8) HISTORY
The atkbdc driver first appeared in FreeBSD 3.1. It is based on the kbdio module in FreeBSD 2.2. AUTHORS
The kbdio module, the atkbdc driver and this manual page were written by Kazutaka Yokota <yokota@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
February 9, 1999 BSD