Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with scritp to count an specific word into a log Post 302135299 by ghostdog74 on Friday 7th of September 2007 12:00:30 PM
Old 09-07-2007
you have revived an old thread. pls check before posting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count the occurences of a specific word in a file in bash shell

Hello, I want to count the occurences of a specific word in a .txt file in bash shell. Can somebody help me pleaze?? Thanks!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskart
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word count of lines ending with certain word

Hi all, I am trying to write a command that can help me count the number of lines in the /etc/passwd file ending in bash. I have read through other threads but am yet to find one indicating how to locate a specifc word at the end of a line. I know i will need to use the wc command but when i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract portion of log info based on specific word

Hi Gurus, I'm using HP-UX B.11.23 operating system. I've been trying to extract a specific wording for example: "A tool used by tp produced warnings" from my below log data, but could not find a way to solve it. My intention is, if the log contain the word: "A tool used by tp produced... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to count specific word and iterate over number of files.

Hi Experts, I want to know the count of specific word in a file. I have almost 600+ files. So I want to loop thru each file and get the count of the specific word. Please help me on achieving this... Many thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count specific word or character per line

Hi, I need help regarding counting specific word or character per line and validate it against a specific number i.e 10. And if number of character equals the specific number then that line will be part of the output. Specific number = 6 Specific word or char = || Sample data:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: janzper
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print line starts with specific word and contains specific word using sed?

Hi, I have gone through may posts and dint find exact solution for my requirement. I have file which consists below data and same file have lot of other data. <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='YES' NAME='m_TASK_UPDATE' OBJECTVERSION ='1'> <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ='' ISVALID ='NO'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I count how many times a specific word appear in a file (ksh)?

Hi Please can you help how do I count the number of specific characters or words that appear in a file? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to check word count of each word in file

I am trying to figure out to find word count of each word from my file sample file hi how are you hi are you ok sample out put hi 1 how 1 are 1 you 1 hi 1 are 1 you 1 ok 1 wc -l filename is not helping , i think we will have to split the lines and count and then print and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to detect specific string in a log file and count it

Hello, can someone guide me on this? I don't know what is the best approach, (awk script, shell script) I am using RedHat Linux version 6.5. There is a third party application deployed on that server. This app by default generates 5 log files and each file is 20MB. These log rollover... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktisbest
5 Replies
ICECREAM(1)							     icecream							       ICECREAM(1)

NAME
icecream - download icecast and shoutcast streams, redirecting all fetched content to stdout and/or to disk at the same time SYNOPSIS
icecream [OPTIONS] URL [URL..] DESCRIPTION
icecream is a lightweight, non-interactive, stream download utility. It connects to icecast and shoutcast servers or direct stream URLs, and redirects all fetched content to stdout and/or to media files on your disk. Listen to the stream piping the output to a stdin-capable media player. Save the stream to a named file or split it into different tracks. It is possible to redirect the stream and save it to disk at the same time. icecream is able to parse pls and m3u playlists, and to download mp3 and ogg direct stream URLs. If the stream is anonymous it will be saved as 'stream-time.mp3', where time is actual timestamp. OPTIONS
-h, --help Print a help message describing all options -q, --quiet Turn off output -v, --verbose Be verbose -t, --tracks Split stream into tracks (if possible) --name=NAME Save the stream to file specified by NAME. Format codes starting with "%" will be replaced. See the date command for valid format codes. --stop=N[units] Stop downloading the stream after N kb/mb/min/songs --user-agent=AGENT Set user-agent header to AGENT --stdout Output stream to stdout (implies -q) --sync Turn syncing on, required for some mpeg players that read from stdin --debug Turn on debugging outputs EXAMPLES
Streaming to mpg123 icecream --stdout http://radio.com/playlist.pls | mpg123 - Split stream into different tracks icecream -t http://metal.org/radio.pls Split stream into tracks and play with vlc at the same time icecream -t --stdout http://streaming.com/playlist.pls | vlc file:/dev/stdin Prepare a 74 minute CD icecream -t --stop 74min http://trace.net/playlist.m3u Use a filename with today's date as output icecream -q --name 'radio_%Y_%m_%d' --stop 60min http://radio.com/playlist.pls BUGS
You are welcome to send bug reports about icecream to our mailing list. Feel free to visit http://icecream.sourceforge.net AUTHOR
Written by Gil Megidish <gil at megidish.net> 1.3 2008-04-28 ICECREAM(1)