Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to ignore '.' files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to ignore '.' files Post 302135090 by cfajohnson on Thursday 6th of September 2007 12:22:40 AM
Old 09-06-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_UK
I'm running Fedora Core 6 as an FTP server on a powerMac G4...

I'm trying to create a script to remove files older than 3 days...
I'm able to find all data older than 3 days but it finds hidden files

What "finds hidden files"? If you have attemtped a script, you should post it.
Quote:
such as
/home/ftp/goossens/.canna
/home/ftp/goossens/.kde
/home/ftp/goossens/.kde/Autostart/.directory
/home/ftp/goossens/.kde/Autostart/Autorun.desktop

Code:
## set DIR to the directory you want to search
find "$DIR" ! -name '.*' -mtime +3 -exec rm {} \;

Quote:
Any ideas how I can find just FTP data?

What do you mean by "FTP data"?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris & AIX, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

2. Solaris

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up *only*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please ignore this....

Most of the people think that they can not use Unix as desktop. By this poll we gone tell them that we not just use Unix as desktop but also love different display managers like GNOME, KDE etc..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to ignore case

Hi All, The means I use to ignore case, as an example is the following snippet: It should accept any oof the following y|Y|YES|Yes|n|N|NO|No echo "Enter Y/N to continue: " read choice; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ls to ignore ~ and # files

Is there a way to customize ls to ignore files ending with ~ and #? (those are Emacs backup and auto-save files). I found -B option, which only ignores ~ files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yaroslavvb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore common line between 2 files in perl

I want to ignore the same line which appear in File1 and File2 and then print the final result back in file1 File1 ABC 123 XYZ File2 XYX Output ABC 123 I have to run this command on multiple servers over ssh. Below is my code that worked only on same server and not over ssh. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore white spaces while comparing two files.?

Hello Experts, I am trying to compare two files line by line with below code. I want to ignore the spaces while comparing. Only content should be compared. hostFile="/etc/hosts" inputFile="/home/scripts/DR/hosts.eas" grep -E '^{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}' $inputFile > temp1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

Lvcreate snapshot - ignore files

Hi, Need help for the below scenario.. Its a linux os snapshot which has been taken based on taking snapshot using lvcreate..while taking rootvg it taking an dump file of 2GB unnecessarily.. So any tricks to avoid the dump file while creating snapshot using lvcreate (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist?

Hi, We have two (2) servers named primary and standby. There is a directory named /db01/archive that we need to keep in-sync. Files get transferred from primary and standby. Sometimes when we do a failover or when there is a network issue, some files fail to get transferred. I want to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
ftpconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     ftpconfig(1M)

NAME
ftpconfig - set up anonymous FTP SYNOPSIS
ftpconfig [ftpdir] ftpconfig -d ftpdir DESCRIPTION
The ftpconfig script is executed by the super user to set up anonymous FTP. Anonymous FTP allows users to remotely log on to the FTP server by specifying the user name ftp or anonymous and the user's email address as password. The anonymous users are logged on to the FTP Server and given access to a restricted file area with its own file system root. See chroot(2). The FTP area has its own minimal system files. This command will copy and set up all the components needed to operate an anonymous FTP server, including creating the ftp user account, creating device nodes, copying /usr/lib files, and copying timezone data. The passwd and group files set up have been stripped down to prevent malicious users from finding login names on the server. The anonymous file area will be placed under ftpdir. If the ftp user account already exists, then the current FTP area is used, and the system files in it are updated. All other files are left untouched. This command should be run to update the anonymous FTP area's configuration whenever a system patch is installed, or the system is upgraded. OPTIONS
-d Create a new or update an existing ftpdir without creating or updating the ftp user account. Use this option when creating guest FTP user accounts. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: ftpdir The absolute pathname of the directory under which the anonymous FTP area is set up. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion 1 Improper usage of the command 2 Command failed ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWftpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftpaddhost(1M), in.ftpd(1M), useradd(1M), chroot(2), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 May 2003 ftpconfig(1M)