Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to ignore '.' files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to ignore '.' files Post 302134920 by radoulov on Tuesday 4th of September 2007 12:08:10 PM
Old 09-04-2007
** matches a path consisting of zero or more directories.
. in (.m+3) matches plain files (NOT directories, nor dotfiles).
m is the file modification time, 3 is the number of days.

For more info: man zshexpn.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris & AIX, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

2. Solaris

How to ignore incomplete files

On Solaris, suppose there is a directory 'dir'. Log files of size approx 1MB are continuously being deposited here by scp command. I have a script that scans this dir every 5 mins and moves away the log files that have been deposited so far. How do I design my script so that I pick up *only*... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentak
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

please ignore this....

Most of the people think that they can not use Unix as desktop. By this poll we gone tell them that we not just use Unix as desktop but also love different display managers like GNOME, KDE etc..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to ignore case

Hi All, The means I use to ignore case, as an example is the following snippet: It should accept any oof the following y|Y|YES|Yes|n|N|NO|No echo "Enter Y/N to continue: " read choice; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting ls to ignore ~ and # files

Is there a way to customize ls to ignore files ending with ~ and #? (those are Emacs backup and auto-save files). I found -B option, which only ignores ~ files (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yaroslavvb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore common line between 2 files in perl

I want to ignore the same line which appear in File1 and File2 and then print the final result back in file1 File1 ABC 123 XYZ File2 XYX Output ABC 123 I have to run this command on multiple servers over ssh. Below is my code that worked only on same server and not over ssh. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore white spaces while comparing two files.?

Hello Experts, I am trying to compare two files line by line with below code. I want to ignore the spaces while comparing. Only content should be compared. hostFile="/etc/hosts" inputFile="/home/scripts/DR/hosts.eas" grep -E '^{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}\.{1,3}' $inputFile > temp1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget - how to ignore files in immediate directory?

i am trying to recursively save a remote FTP server but exclude the files immediately under a directory directory1 wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@hostname/directory1 I want to keep these which may have more files under them directory1/dir1/file.jpg directory1/dir2/file.jpg... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

Lvcreate snapshot - ignore files

Hi, Need help for the below scenario.. Its a linux os snapshot which has been taken based on taking snapshot using lvcreate..while taking rootvg it taking an dump file of 2GB unnecessarily.. So any tricks to avoid the dump file while creating snapshot using lvcreate (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Does rsync check and ignore files that already exist?

Hi, We have two (2) servers named primary and standby. There is a directory named /db01/archive that we need to keep in-sync. Files get transferred from primary and standby. Sometimes when we do a failover or when there is a network issue, some files fail to get transferred. I want to use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies
check_ssl_cert(1)						   USER COMMANDS						 check_ssl_cert(1)

NAME
check_ssl_cert - checks the validity of X.509 certificates SYNOPSIS
check_ssl_cert -H host [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
check_ssl_cert A Nagios plugin to check an X.509 certificate: - checks if the server is running and delivers a valid certificate - checks if the CA matches a given pattern - checks the validity ARGUMENTS
-H,--host host server OPTIONS
-A,--noauth ignore authority warnings (expiration only) --altnames matches the pattern specified in -n with alternate names too -C,--clientcert path use client certificate to authenticate --clientpass phrase set passphrase for client certificate. -c,--critical days minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid to issue a critical status -e,--email address pattern to match the email address contained in the certificate -f,--file file local file path (works with -H localhost only) -h,--help,-? this help message -i,--issuer issuer pattern to match the issuer of the certificate -n,---cn name pattern to match the CN of the certificate -N,--host-cn match CN with the host name -o,--org org pattern to match the organization of the certificate --openssl path path of the openssl binary to be used -p,--port port TCP port -P,--protocol protocol use the specific protocol: http (default) or smtp,pop3,imap,ftp (switch to TLS) -s,--selfsigned allows self-signed certificates -r,--rootcert cert root certificate or directory to be used for certficate validation (passed to openssl's -CAfile or -CApath) -t,--timeout seconds timeout after the specified time (defaults to 15 seconds) --temp dir directory where to store the temporary files -v,--verbose verbose output -V,--version version -w,--warning days minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid to issue a warning status DEPRECATED OPTIONS
-d,--days days minimum number of days a certificate has to be valid (see --critical and --warning) SEE ALSO
x509(1), openssl(1), expect(1) EXIT STATUS
check_ssl_cert returns a zero exist status if it finds no errors, 1 for warnings, 2 for a critical errors and 3 for unknown problems BUGS
Please report bugs to: Matteo Corti (matteo.corti (at) id.ethz.ch) AUTHOR
Matteo Corti (matteo.corti (at) id.ethz.ch) See the AUTHORS file for the complete list of contributors 1.13.0 April, 2012 check_ssl_cert(1)