Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search for files excluding binary files Post 302134885 by user_prady on Tuesday 4th of September 2007 07:44:34 AM
Old 09-04-2007
search for files excluding binary files

Hi All,

I need a solution on my following find command

find ./.. -name '*.file' -print

BTW This gives me the output as belows
Code:
./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/infile/ad0_dagctst.file
./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/user_command.file
./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file
./rtlsim/test/DACONV0/infile/da0_txosc_swap.file
./rtlsim/test/DACONV0/infile/da0_txosc_trim.file
./rtlsim/test/DACONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file
./rtlsim/test/RFREG/infile/rrg_sdtest_001.file
./rtlsim/test/RFREG/infile/rrg_test01.file
./rtlsim/test/RFREG/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file
./rtlsim/test/lvdsr0/infile/lr0_sleep_002.file
./rtlsim/test/lvdsr0/user_command.file
./rtlsim/test/lvdsr0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file
./rtlsim/test/lvdst0/infile/lt0_LoopBack.file

My problem I dont want to search that file scsim.db.file which is a binary file but the other files except that scsim.db.file are text file.

Is there any way to search for files excluding binary files .

or pls help me to search the file with having extension .file but it should not include any other files like scsim.db.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

listing files excluding files from control file

I have a directory named Project.I have a control file which contains valid list of files.I would like list the files from directory Project which contains files other than listed in the control file. Sample control file: TEST SEND SFFFILE CONTL The directory contains followign... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp -Rp excluding certain files?

Hi, I'm using cp -Rp to copy directories while preserving permissions. I want to exclude any ".lproj" files except for "English.lproj" and "en.lproj" from being copied, but the rest is copied as usual. Is there a way to do this (without using tar or other compression utilities) Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files of specific size excluding search in a subdirectory

Hi All, I was exploring find command and came across -prune option which would exclude search in a mention subdirectory. My quesry is to search all files more that 100 MB size but exclude search in a subdirectory. I am using below command,but somehow it is not working. Can anybody help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count number of files in directory excluding existing files

Hi, Please let me know how to find out number of files in a directory excluding existing files..The existing file format will be unknown..each time.. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
3 Replies

5. SuSE

Search all files based on first and in all listed files search the second patterns

Hello Linux Masters, I am not a linux expert therefore i need help from linux gurus. Well i have a requirement where i need to search all files based on first patterns and after seraching all files then serach second pattern in all files which i have extracted based on first pattern.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Black-Linux
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files excluding some files

Hi, I have a folder which contains files in this format. abc-bin.000001 abc-bin.000002 abc-bin.000003 abc-bin.000004 abc-bin.000005 abc-bin.000006 abc-bin.000007 abc-bin.000008 abc-bin.000009 abc-bin.000010 abc-bin.index I want to copy all the files between abc-bin.000004... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to search files in a directory excluding subdirectories

Hi Forum, I am using the below command to find files older than x days in a directory excluding subdirectories. From the previous forums I got to know that prune command helps us not to descend in subdirectories. Though I am using it here, not getting the desired result. cd $dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhilmil
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files in the current directory excluding hidden files and directories

Find all files in the current directory only excluding hidden directories and files. For the below command, though it's not deleting hidden files.. it is traversing through the hidden directories and listing normal which should be avoided. `find . \( ! -name ".*" -prune \) -mtime +${n_days}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh1
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append string to all the files inside a directory excluding subdirectories and .zip files

Hii, Could someone help me to append string to the starting of all the filenames inside a directory but it should exclude .zip files and subdirectories. Eg. file1: test1.log file2: test2.log file3 test.zip After running the script file1: string_test1.log file2: string_test2.log file3:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding files with timestamp from ls

Hi, I have a list of files all starting with aa but some of them also have a timestamp suffixed which I want to remove from my search. For e.g. aa1 aa2 aa.15-05-25_20:41:05.20150611 aa.15-05-26_20:29:40.20150611 aa.15-05-27_20:28:32.20150611 If I do ls -1 aa*, it will list everything... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
7 Replies
SHAPELIB(1)							   User Commands						       SHAPELIB(1)

NAME
shprewind - fix polygon ring orientations in ESRI shapefiles SYNOPSIS
shprewind infile outfile DESCRIPTION
Makes a copy of the shapefile infile to outfile and fixes the orientation of points in the rings of Polygon, PolygonZ, and PolygonM typed shapes to conform to the shapefile specification. According to the specification, the vertices of outer rings should be oriented clockwise on the X/Y plane, and those of inner rings counterclockwise. Shapefiles actually consist of two files with the same basename and extensions .shp and .shx (or .SHP and .SHX) containing the shape data and shape index respectively. The files to open are determined by first stripping any filename extension from infile and attempting to open the files infile.shp or infile.SHP, and infile.shx or infile.SHX for the respective data and index files. The files to create from outfile are determined by stripping any filename extension from outfile and appending .shp and .shx suffixes for the respective data and index files. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful program execution. 1 Missing infile or outfile arguments, failed to open shapefile infile or create shapefile outfile. DIAGNOSTICS
The following diagnostics may be issued on stdout: Unable to open:infile Unable to create:outfile count objects rewound. AUTHORS
Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam@pobox.com) is the maintainer of the shapelib shapefile library. Joonas Pihlaja (jpihlaja@cc.helsinki.fi) wrote this man page. BUGS
The implementation assumes that there is at most one outer ring in each shape, that it is the first ring in a shape, and all other rings in a shape are inner rings. Polygons inside MultiPatch shape types aren't rewound. SEE ALSO
dbfadd(1), dbfcreate(1), dbfdump(1), dbf_dump(1), shpadd(1), shpcreate(1), shpdump(1) shapelib OCTOBER 2004 SHAPELIB(1)