Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting what does " ||" mean? ( Double pipe) Post 302134325 by andryk on Thursday 30th of August 2007 10:04:15 AM
Old 08-30-2007
if the first command succeed the second will never be executed
Or
if the cd /tmp fails it will execute 'exit 2'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Encoding Problem while using "|" (PIPE) as delimiter from Mainframe to Unix

We are facing a problem with PIPE (|) as a delimiter in one of our FTP flat files. We are constructing a Flat file in IBM-AIX and this contains various strings delimted by PIPE Symbol and then FTPing this to a Mainframe System The Mainframe program simply recieves this and FTPs the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: seshendra
1 Replies

3. Programming

fork&pipe "interpretting" shell - problem

hello everybode.Got some sort of "problems" with this stuff; well this is a program int main() { int Pipe; int origStdin, origStdout; int childPID; origStdin = dup(0); origStdout = dup(1); pipe(Pipe); if( (childPID = fork()) < 0 ) { perror(... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IdleProc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allign output data in UNIX that is separated with a pipe "|" symbol ?

Experts , In the given output of the log file, the 2nd field that is separated by "|" pipe is not aligned well due to the uneven data length, I would like it to align the 2nd column with 37 length (that is disturbed in the output) including the pipe . The two pepe "|" would be in a aligned way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The pipe not use "tee" to print on the screen for specific function

I have code fragment like { aa bb cc } > $LOG aa bb cc, all call function "ff", I want "ff" to print on the screen,but others do not print on the scree, is there a method? I can't use "tee", becasue tee I meet the write "error" ff() { echo "hello" } (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
pacmd(1)						      General Commands Manual							  pacmd(1)

NAME
pacmd - Reconfigure a PulseAudio sound server during runtime SYNOPSIS
pacmd pacmd --help pacmd --version DESCRIPTION
This tool can be used to introspect or reconfigure a running PulseAudio sound server during runtime. It connects to the sound server and offers a simple live shell that can be used to enter the commands also understood in the default.pa configuration scripts. To exit the live shell, use ctrl+d. Note that the 'exit' command inside the shell will tell the PulseAudio daemon itself to shutdown! If any arguments are passed on the command line, they will be passed into the live shell which will process the command and exit. OPTIONS
-h | --help Show help. --version Show version information. AUTHORS
The PulseAudio Developers <pulseaudio-discuss (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; PulseAudio is available from http://pulseaudio.org/ SEE ALSO
pulse-cli-syntax(5), pulseaudio(1), pactl(1), default.pa(5) Manuals User pacmd(1)