Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Crontab cannot run by non-root user Post 302132771 by kwliew999 on Monday 20th of August 2007 03:08:34 AM
Old 08-20-2007
Thank you very much for the help. I have finally found the error.
Yes, the error log will post in the mail.
The reason of why it doesn't run is due to eventhough we are using Oracle id to create the cron job, it doesn't mean the job will be run by Oracle priviledge. Thus, to run a Oracle job, we need some setting on the scripts which we did n't do it as normally we run the script using Oracle ID directly and all setting already provided when we sign in as Oracle.
Tq.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

run a script on logout by a non-root user

hi , i need to run a script that delete files when i logout as a user other than root user . I have tried out using .bash_logout but that doesnt seem to work , so any alternative for this to be done. Thanks in advance, Harsha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha10
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to allow access to some commands having root privleges to be run bu non root user

hi i am new to unix and i have abig task. i have to \run particular commands having root privileges from a non root user. i know sudo is one of the way but i need sum other approach kindly help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

If user has own crontab, results in accumulation of root CRON processes

Hello, I seem to be having a problem with accumulation of root CRON jobs occuring when I have a user's cron job(s) running. Here is an example of a user's crontab file: */1 * * * * echo "hello" > /dev/nullps aux|grep CRON root 14333 0.0 0.0 91236 2172 ? S ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get current logged in user from a script run as root.

Ok, so, in order to install some dependencies of a program I made, a script has to be run as root. The thing is that I have to copy some things into the home folder of currently logged in user, but the variable $HOME returns '/root' and the $USER returns 'root' :( Is there any way to see who is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Editing crontab of non-root user from file

Hi All, Ref: "build crontab from a text file" in same forum. (I am not allowed to post URL's in the first post) We are reorganizing our UNIX Crontab file by first making changes in a word pad text file. The intent is to then copy it back to Crontab. Will this work? Copy and Paste does not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivedhitha
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to run a bash script that logs on as a non-root user and runs script as root

So I have a script that runs as a non-root user, lets say the username is 'xymon' . This script needs to log on to a remote system as a non-root user also and call up a bash script that runs another bash script as root. in short: user xymon on system A needs to run a file as root user and have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damang111
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Bad user root in crontab

Hi everyone, I got error which is "!bad user (root)" in crontab... I tried changing password, I checked etc/cron/cron.allow and cron.deny, And also I checked the permissions of my files, its(my crontab script) still not working.... Please help... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to run commands as root user

Hello I have a script which is working fine so far to generate HTML file. Now i am wondering how do i include a syntax where it can change itself to root user and execute a specific commands as root user. Please help, Thanks in advance. -Siddhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically on reboot as root user?

Hi friends,,, I am running one server on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit, some times my pc restarts automatically, with no reason, I have a script to start server which requires root password. in this directory /myserver/start_server.sh How can I do this ? and some scripts I am having that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

10. AIX

List of AIX commands that can be run by ROOT user ONLY

Hello, I am testing sudo and I want to test it. Can anyone please let me know few commands (of course other than shutdown, reboot etc. as I can't reboot the box) on AIX that can be run by ROOT only. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of Jifty::DBI::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. database_version Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBD::Oracle. insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. build_dsn PARAMHASH Takes a bunch of parameters: Required: Driver, Database or Host/SID, Optional: Port and RequireSSL Builds a dsn suitable for an Oracle DBI connection blob_params column_NAME column_type Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). apply_limits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; distinct_query STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
Jifty::DBI, Jifty::DBI::Handle, DBD::Oracle perl v5.14.2 2011-04-26 Jifty::DBI::Handle::Oracle(3pm)