Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl - print to a log file and screen Post 302132317 by rexf on Thursday 16th of August 2007 09:57:30 AM
Old 08-16-2007
Tmtowtdi

Just loop through the filehandles you want to print to.

$file='/tmp/logfile';
open LOGFILE ,">>$file" or die "can't open $file: $!";
@t=qw/STDOUT LOGFILE/;
for (@t){
print $_ `echo $$`;
}

You can do this in a oneliner aswell, but this should be easier to understand.
I'm sure there is simpler ways and maybe even some module that has the equivalent functionality tee.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo or print to screen and file

I did a search for this topic but I couldn't find it and I was sure I have seen something similar before (hard because I am not sure of the criteria for the keywords) What I was looking for was to be able to echo a message to the screen from a bash.sh script at the same time logging it to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print to screen and to file using awk?!

Hello all!.. does anyone know the syntax to print to the screen and to a file? Im using something like AWK .... print header |tee -a invalid_csv_file ; END {..} ' invalid_csv_file="$invalid_csv_dir_file" but no joy? I get sh:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: howto print to screen & filehandle

Hello, I need to print messages both to screen and to file handle in perl , like tee does in unix . Any suggestions ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alalush
2 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Output terminal sessions to screen and log file

I would like to use a terminal session to ssh to switches and routers. I need to capture data while logged into switches to a file I can email for troubleshooting. I use termial to log into Cisco switch, run the sh tech command, and then sent the output to cisco. Is there a way to run a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdelliott
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print script output to screen and file

Hi all, I have a script that bulk loads thousands of lines of data. I need to log the output during the execution of the script. I know I can redirect (">") the output to a file; however, I want the output going to both the screen and the log file. I thought I could use pipe to pipe the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging ALL standard out of a bash script to a log file, but still show on screen

Is it possible to store all standard-out of a bash script and the binaries it calls in a log file AND still display the stdout on screen? I know this is possible to store ALL stdout/stderr of a script to a single log file like: exec 1>&${logFile} exec 2>&1 But running a script with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckmehta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complete Screen Output to Log File

Hi, I would need to log the whole screen ouput to a log file. All Inputs from the Agent, all echo´s and DBMS Outputs from the PL/SQL. Basicly everything what I can see during the run on the screen. I tried it already with #exec 2>$BASELOG/RUN.log #exec 1>$BASELOG/RUN.log #exec >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enjoy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :How to print the o/p of a Perl script on console and redirecting same in log file @ same time.

How can i print the output of a perl script on a unix console and redirect the same in a log file under same directory simultaneously ? Like in Shell script, we use tee, is there anything in Perl or any other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterfly20
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the one function's log to the screen

c() { if something failed;then echo "failed" exit 1 fi } f() { functinona #if something failed call "c" functionb #if something failed call "c" } f > log 2>&1 #put the log to file not print on the screen I want all the stdout/stdrr to the log file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies
DELUGED(1)						      General Commands Manual							DELUGED(1)

NAME
deluged - a bittorrent client daemon SYNOPSIS
deluged [options] DESCRIPTION
Deluge utilizes a client/server model, with 'deluged' being the daemon process and 'deluge' being used to launch a user-interface. By default, 'deluged' will run as a daemon, to prevent this you can run deluged with the -d option. This option is useful for running del- uged with the start-stop-daemon. OPTIONS
--version Show program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show this help message and exit. -p PORT, --port=PORT Port daemon will listen on, default is 58846 -i INTERFACE, --interface=INTERFACE Interface daemon will listen for bittorrent connections on, this should be an IP address -u UI_INTERFACE, --ui-interface=UI_INTERFACE Interface daemon will listen for UI connections on, this should be an IP address -d, --do-not-daemonize Do not daemonize -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG Sets the configuration path. -l LOGFILE, --logfile=LOGFILE Output to designated logfile instead of stdout -P PIDFILE, --pidfile=PIDFILE Use pidfile to store process id -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Set the log level (default is error): none, info, warning, error, critical, debug -q --quiet Sets the log level to 'none', this is the same as `-L none` SEE ALSO
Homepage: http://www.deluge-torrent.org/ AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Andrew Resch <andrewresch@gmail.com>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation 1.3.3 July 2011 DELUGED(1)