Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print specific lines with awk Post 302132062 by Bugenhagen on Wednesday 15th of August 2007 04:57:00 AM
Old 08-15-2007
Print-outs in END

Hi!
Thank You for answering.

I need to do the print-out in the END-statement, when NR is already at the last row.

This is because my lineNr-array is quite large and every number is the begining of a group of rows that I need to print out.

So if the array is: "120,140,166,178, ..." , I would need to decide in END how many stanzas that will be printed to a file. After that, I will take the next group of stanzas and print them to a new file.

So is it possibe to do something like:

"set NR=list[i]; print"

//Bugenhagen

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print specific lines

I have a text file made of different blocks separated by blank lines. I need to print the blocks with odd indexes. How can I get it with awk? For example i need to print the first and the third block of a file like this: asgdg sadsd ssgsdgd ass uff fedd sddddso ieeduydd dddee deeo ssancnc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: littleboyblu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed one-liner to print specific lines?

I need to print specific lines from a file, say 2-5, 8, 12-15, 17, 19, 21-27. How do I achieve this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

iterate through list of numbers and print specific lines with awk

Could someone please point me in the right direction with the following? I have a program that generates logs that contains sections like this: IMAGE INPUT 81 0 0.995 2449470 0 1726 368 1 0.0635 0.3291 82 0 1.001 2448013 0 1666 365 1 0.0649 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: euval
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems to print specific lines with awk and grep...HELP!

Hi all I have data like this: model: 1, misfit value: 0.74987 1 1.182 1.735 2.056 1.867 2 0.503 1.843 2.018 1.888 3 2.706 2.952 2.979 1.882 4 8.015 3.414 3.675 1.874 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora2011
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Specific lines when found specific character

Hello all, I have thousand file input like this: file1: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ UERT | TTYH | TAFE | FRFG |$$ $$______|______|________|______|$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ 1 | DISK | TR1311 | 1 |$$ $$ 1 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to print specific lines or words

Hi, Please have a look on below records. STG_HCM_STATE_DIS_TAX_TBL.1207.Xfm: The value of the row is: EMPLID = 220677 COMPANY = 919 BALANCE_ID = 0 BALANCE_YEAR = 2012 STG_HCM_STATE_DIS_TAX_TBL.1207.Xfm: ORA-00001: unique constraint (SYSADM.PS_TAX_BALANCE) violated ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Lakka
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print with awk specific field different from specific character?

Hello, i need help with awk. I have this file: cat number DirB port 67 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 71 er_enc_out 56 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 74 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 75 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific lines?

I need to print specific lines 5,100,67,123 in a file. file name: today.csv (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to print lines from a files with specific start and end patterns and pick only the last lines?

Hi, I need to print lines which are matching with start pattern "SELECT" and END PATTERN ";" and only select the last "select" statement including the ";" . I have attached sample input file and the desired input should be as: INPUT FORMAT: SELECT ABCD, DEFGH, DFGHJ, JKLMN, AXCVB,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
5 Replies
Template::Plugin::Table(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Template::Plugin::Table(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Table - Plugin to present data in a table SYNOPSIS
[% USE table(list, rows=n, cols=n, overlap=n, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item IN table.row(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH item IN table.col(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH row IN table.rows %] [% FOREACH item IN row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] [% FOREACH col IN table.cols %] [% col.first %] - [% col.last %] ([% col.size %] entries) [% END %] DESCRIPTION
The "Table" plugin allows you to format a list of data items into a virtual table. When you create a "Table" plugin via the "USE" directive, simply pass a list reference as the first parameter and then specify a fixed number of rows or columns. [% USE Table(list, rows=5) %] [% USE table(list, cols=5) %] The "Table" plugin name can also be specified in lower case as shown in the second example above. You can also specify an alternative variable name for the plugin as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mydata = table(list, rows=5) %] The plugin then presents a table based view on the data set. The data isn't actually reorganised in any way but is available via the "row()", "col()", "rows()" and "cols()" as if formatted into a simple two dimensional table of "n" rows x "n" columns. So if we had a sample "alphabet" list contained the letters '"a"' to '"z"', the above "USE" directives would create plugins that represented the following views of the alphabet. [% USE table(alphabet, ... %] rows=5 cols=5 a f k p u z a g m s y b g l q v b h n t z c h m r w c i o u d i n s x d j p v e j o t y e k q w f l r x We can request a particular row or column using the "row()" and "col()" methods. [% USE table(alphabet, rows=5) %] [% FOREACH item = table.row(0) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ a f k p u z ] in turn [% END %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(2) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ m n o p q r ] in turn [% END %] Data in rows is returned from left to right, columns from top to bottom. The first row/column is 0. By default, rows or columns that contain empty values will be padded with the undefined value to fill it to the same size as all other rows or columns. For example, the last row (row 4) in the first example would contain the values "[ e j o t y undef ]". The Template Toolkit will safely accept these undefined values and print a empty string. You can also use the IF directive to test if the value is set. [% FOREACH item = table.row(4) %] [% IF item %] Item: [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] You can explicitly disable the "pad" option when creating the plugin to returned shortened rows/columns where the data is empty. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(4) %] # [% item %] set to each of 'y z' [% END %] The "rows()" method returns all rows/columns in the table as a reference to a list of rows (themselves list references). The "row()" methods when called without any arguments calls "rows()" to return all rows in the table. Ditto for "cols()" and "col()". [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% FOREACH item = row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] The Template Toolkit provides the "first", "last" and "size" virtual methods that can be called on list references to return the first/last entry or the number of entries in a list. The following example shows how we might use this to provide an alphabetical index split into 3 even parts. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=3, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH group = table.col %] [ [% group.first %] - [% group.last %] ([% group.size %] letters) ] [% END %] This produces the following output: [ a - i (9 letters) ] [ j - r (9 letters) ] [ s - z (8 letters) ] We can also use the general purpose "join" virtual method which joins the items of the list using the connecting string specified. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% row.join(' - ') %] [% END %] Data in the table is ordered downwards rather than across but can easily be transformed on output. For example, to format our data in 5 columns with data ordered across rather than down, we specify "rows=5" to order the data as such: a f . . b g . c h d i e j and then iterate down through each column (a-e, f-j, etc.) printing the data across. a b c d e f g h i j . . . Example code to do so would be much like the following: [% USE table(alphabet, rows=3) %] [% FOREACH cols = table.cols %] [% FOREACH item = cols %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] Output: a b c d e f g h i j . . . In addition to a list reference, the "Table" plugin constructor may be passed a reference to a Template::Iterator object or subclass thereof. The Template::Iterator get_all() method is first called on the iterator to return all remaining items. These are then available via the usual Table interface. [% USE DBI(dsn,user,pass) -%] # query() returns an iterator [% results = DBI.query('SELECT * FROM alphabet ORDER BY letter') %] # pass into Table plugin [% USE table(results, rows=8 overlap=1 pad=0) -%] [% FOREACH row = table.cols -%] [% row.first.letter %] - [% row.last.letter %]: [% row.join(', ') %] [% END %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.12.1 2009-05-20 Template::Plugin::Table(3)