Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Substring in Shell Script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Substring in Shell Script Post 302131098 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 9th of August 2007 07:28:38 AM
Old 08-09-2007
Code:
store=`awk -F ":" '/input1/ { print $2 }' filename`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in C shell script?

i am a new user of C-shell script. I want to know can i create a substring in a string. That means when i got a variable $input = "it is number 2" I want to get the "2" to be another variable. Can i do that in C-shell and how to ? Thank you so much dinodash (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinodash
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for shell script of finding shortest substring from given string by user

please give me proper solution for finding a shortest substring from given string if string itself and first char and last char of that substr are also given by user if S="dpoaoqooroo" and FC="o" and LC="o",then shortest substr is "oo" and rest of the string is "dpoaoqroo" i have code but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring in shell script

I need a help in getting substring of each line in input file. I am writing a script that will read a file from a directory on daily basis, I mean everyday a new file will be stored in this directory, it will replace old file. I have to read contents of this file, the contents will be as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyotib
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for extracting out the shortest substring from the given starting and en

hi all, i need an urgent help for writing a shell script which will extract out and print a substring which is the shortest substring from the given string where first and last character of that substring will be given by the user. for e.g. if str="abcdpqracdpqaserd" now if the user gives 'a'... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

using substring in shell script

This is the data I am having in a file Just for sample I have given 3 records. The file which I am having consists of n number of records. ABC123 10 01/02/2008 2008-01-03-00.00.00.000000 DYUU 22 02/03/2008 2008-01-04-00.00.00.000000 RF33 88 03/05/2008 2008-01-05-00.00.00.000000 ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Korn Shell script for substring printing

Hi all, I am new to scripting. I have a file with colon separated values called mylist.txt cat mylist.txt 192.123.76.89:lmprod89 162.122.20.28:lmtstserver28 10.80.32.139:hewprod139 . . using our internal os utility (called mvsping) we need to check all these servers if they are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring check in IF condition in shell script

I want to check if the string has the substring in IF condition then process... i tried below but not working if ]; then ............. field can be "reserved1" ....reservedn / fillspaces1 ... fillspacesn (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Extract substring

Hi all, Please, i'd like to extract string just before '.fr'. Here is some lines of my file: g-82.text.text1.fr.worker1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz.fr.worker2 i'd like to extract this text: g-82.text.text1 g-xx.yyyyyy.zzzz Please, which command i have to use in my script shell ? ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
16 Replies
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)		 Perl Programmers Reference Guide	    CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)

NAME
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote - connect to a remote CPANPLUS SYNOPSIS
CPAN Terminal> /connect localhost 1337 --user=foo --pass=bar ... CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect DESCRIPTION
This is a "CPANPLUS::Shell::Default" plugin that allows you to connect to a machine running an instance of "CPANPLUS::Daemon", allowing remote usage of the "CPANPLUS Shell". A sample session, updating all modules on a remote machine, might look like this: CPAN Terminal> /connect --user=my_user --pass=secret localhost 1337 Connection accepted Successfully connected to 'localhost' on port '11337' Note that no output will appear until a command has completed -- this may take a while CPAN Terminal@localhost> o; i * [....] CPAN Terminal@localhost> /disconnect CPAN Terminal> BUG REPORTS
Please report bugs or other issues to <bug-cpanplus@rt.cpan.org<gt>. AUTHOR
This module by Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT
The CPAN++ interface (of which this module is a part of) is copyright (c) 2001 - 2007, Jos Boumans <kane@cpan.org>. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you may redistribute and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
CPANPLUS::Shell::Default, CPANPLUS::Shell, cpanp perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 CPANPLUS::Shell::Default::Plugins::Remote(3pm)