Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to open Browser
Operating Systems Solaris How to open Browser Post 302130188 by ramosbrazil on Friday 3rd of August 2007 01:00:44 PM
Old 08-03-2007
how to open a browser remotely

In solaris 8 you have Netscape browser installed, /usr/bin/x/netscape .. (I am not sure where is located.. find . -name it )

Then just ./netscape , you'll be able to open a browser...

Regards,

Fernando Ramos.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to open the specified url in a browser from a text file

Hi All, here i am struc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsp
6 Replies

2. Solaris

Can't open netscape web-browser

I am working in solaris 9 and i want to work with web-browser(netscape). but when I am openning it,it shows the message -- An error occurred reading the startup configuration file.Please contact ur administrator./.netscape/preferences.js,line 66:unterminated string literal.t,127.0.0.1 please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nothing is getting displayed on browser while using open statement

Hi, I have the below script which is working fine on cmd line, but nothing gets displayed on browser. There is no permission issue. If i remove the open statement and print some other data. Its working fine on browser. Kindly help. #!c:/perl/bin/perl use Win32::ODBC; use CGI ':standard';... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: miteshpant
19 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim help.txt automatically open every time I open vi

Hi Friends, Every I try to open a vi window vim help.txt automatically opens evertime. After doing ZZ or :q! also the same page opens automatically. How to stop this? Is it machine specific ? Other users who are opening the same servers and files are not facing this issue. Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudiptabhaskar
1 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)