Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Core Dump Analysis Using PStack and PMAP Post 302129257 by Ankur on Monday 30th of July 2007 08:12:52 AM
Old 07-30-2007
Use dbx

dbx is another very user friendly and robust utility for core debugging.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump?

help, what is the difference between core dump and panic dump? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aileen
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to do core dump analysis

Hi All, I am new to unix environment. Please tell me how to do coredump analysis. Please explain clearly with example. What are the details are available in the core. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sip
5 Replies

3. AIX

How to do core dump analysis in AIX?

Please tell me some methods to analyse core dump in AIX.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mythili
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Core file analysis

How can we analyze a core file and determine why it was generated on a solaris system? I know file core filename will tell us what program generated the file. But, what to do next to get more details? Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

analyse core file using pmap and pstack

Dear All, I am new to this forum. This is my first. I am facing customer issue. Customer has got core file while running the server. He had sent core file and details from pstack, pmap and pldd commands. I have to debug this application, please help me to fix this issue. I am using sparc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KiranBangalore
1 Replies

6. Solaris

analyse core file using pmap and pstack

Dear All, I am new to this forum. This is my first. I am facing customer issue. Customer has got core file while running the server. He had sent core file and details from pstack, pmap and pldd commands. I have to debug this application, please help me to fix this issue. I am using sparc 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KiranBangalore
4 Replies

7. Solaris

pstack file analysis

Hi ... Can you please share how to analyse pstack file and various options for core dump analysis (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

core dump analysis : __kernel_vsyscall ()

We have just enabled core dump on our RHEL5.7 OS. the java process is terminating very often so we enable core dump to analysis the issue and find below in core dump file. Core was generated by `/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_06//bin/java -server -Xms1536m -Xmx1536m -Xmn576m -XX:+Aggre'. Program... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawankkamboj
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Learn Linux Core Dump Analysis

Can any body provide me some good link to learn to create and analyze linux user mode application / kernel module core dumps? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. AIX

AIX system dump analysis

dear all, i have p770 aix6.1 last week, the host reboot suddenly with dump. but i don't know how to analyze the dump. I posted kdb details in the attachment. please anybody help me. #>kdb vmcore.0 /unix vmcore.0 mapped from @ 700000000000000 to @ 7000001c72c0908 START ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomato00
13 Replies
adb(1)                                                             User Commands                                                            adb(1)

NAME
adb - general-purpose debugger SYNOPSIS
adb [-kw] [-I dir] [-P prompt] [-V mode] [ object [ core]] DESCRIPTION
The adb utility is an interactive, general-purpose debugger. It can be used to examine files and provides a controlled environment for the execution of programs. The adb utility is now implemented as a link to the mdb(1) utility in Solaris 9. mdb(1) is a low-level debugging utility that can be used to examine user processes as well as the live operating system or operating system crash dumps. The new mdb(1) utility provides complete backwards compatibility with the existing syntax and features of adb, including support for processing adb macro files. The Solaris Modular Debugger Guide and mdb(1) man page describes the features of mdb, including its adb compatibility mode. This mode will be activated by default when the adb link is executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), attributes(5) Solaris Modular Debugger Guide SunOS 5.10 19 Aug 2003 adb(1)