Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memory Check in SUN Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Memory Check in SUN Solaris Post 302128410 by rajarsi.ghosh on Tuesday 24th of July 2007 04:33:14 PM
Old 07-24-2007
Memory Check in SUN Solaris

Hi

I am facing a problem with memory in SunOS 5.9. I just want to check the memory usage. Can anybody suggest me a command that will help me in this regard.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Solaris Sun Java Desktop

Ok I a n00b, not gunna hide it so here goes - Sun Solaris, V.10 i386 - during the setup, I can choose a screen resolution that looks great with 65k colors and all. However, when all is said and done 4 disks and a reboot later, I get hanious 640x480 @ 256 only. If I choose the Sun Java Desktop... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spooky
20 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comman/Tool to check memory leak in solaris box

Hello Guys, Please let me know about commands or tools that are available to check memory leak in solaris box. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshlbryan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Solaris 10: How do I create a bootup disc? The Sun website confuses me

Hey there, I am starting a Computer Science Foundation year at the end of this month and am trying to get a little bit ahead of the game. I have always wanted to learn Unix and am currently struggling with creating a boot disc to run Solaris (I have chosen to study this) from as opposed to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jupiter
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Memory usage in Solaris - memory not freed?

Hi, I'm running a multi-process software system on a Solaris 8 machine. When I monitor the memory usage, I see that the free memory is dropping rapidly, but I can't detect a process that uses this memory. I'm using "top" to get the free memory and the memory usage of processes. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gewurtz
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find Total and Free Physical Memory and Logical Memory in SOLARIS 9

Hi, Im working on Solaris 9 on SPARC-32 bit running on an Ultra-80, and I have to find out the following:- 1. Total Physical Memory in the system(total RAM). 2. Available Physical Memory(i.e. RAM Usage) 3. Total (Logical) Memory in the system 4. Available (Logical) Memory. I know... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

7. Solaris

useful links and help resources for Sun's products and Sun's Solaris

Hi all, Those links might help anyone Knowledge base Video tutorials (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check the system configuration on Sun solaris

Hi, Could you pls. let me know what is cammand in unix to check the system configuration on Sun solaris. Thanks in advance. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krackjack
2 Replies

9. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Check Solaris Zones Processor & Memory allocations

Hi, I am a newbee in the solaris administration. My question is how to 1. Check the total CPU and memory of a global zone. 2. Check the allocated CPU and memory for each of the residing non-global zones. I have already tried prtconf which gives the following output /usr/sbin/prtconf... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poga
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)