Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check for null or empty string Post 302127864 by doer on Thursday 19th of July 2007 11:22:55 PM
Old 07-20-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by zazzybob
Please read our rules and refrain from bumping your posts.

Thanks,
ZB
Sorry. Anyway i found the solution. Thank you so much for the help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check for not null string in file

Hi, If, in a text file a string is expected at a certain fixed position(for eg at position 5 or from 5-10 on every line) how to check whether data is present on that position or not? Thnx in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: misenkiser
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for empty string

Hello All, I have written shell script whcih at the max 3 parameters. When only one commandline argument and other two command line arguments are passed as empty string like eg : archive ' ' ' ' Then i need to check whether the commandline... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Table null is empty

hi I m executing a shell script in which records are to be fetched from a table. If the sql that is running empty result set it is displaying "table null is empty !". I dont want this msg on the standard output. COuld you please help me in this regard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyanka3006
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check to see if string var is empty

i have a veriable set var1 set var2 = abcd how can i check if var 1 is empty and if var 2 is not empty ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert string 'NULL' where there is a null value

I have an input file having 7 fields delimited by , eg : 1,ABC,hg,1,2,34,3 2,hj,YU,2,3,4, 3,JU,kl,4,5,7, 4,JK,KJ,3,56,4,5 The seventh field here in some lines is empty, whereas the other lines there is a value. How do I insert string NULL at this location (7th loc) for these lines where... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: zilch
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if the string is empty

I am reading from a file and executing the jobs with/without parameters as the job requires. File job1 R job2 job3 Y 123 if then <job>.ksh else <job>.ksh $params fi This works fine if the line read from the file has parameters it executes like job1.ksh R But for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nw2unx123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check empty string in an XML tag?

I have an XML tag <abc> which is empty as <abc></abc>.If the the tag is empty I want to flag the file as bad. Please help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneeta13
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant check empty string

Hello So i have that script collection, in which i have a single script to create a configuration file. In there, i have multiple occourences of something like this: prj_title=$(tui-read "What is the TITLE? ($prj_name):") ] && prj_title="${prj_name/_/ }" They all work as expected, if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify empty file with null record

Hi Team, I have a file abc.dat which is a empty file. But it has null record in first line. I need to identify this unique file and handle it separately. scenario 1: abc/dw> wc abc.dat 1 0 1 abc.dat abc/dw> cat abc.dat abc/dw> scenario 2: abc/dw> wc pqr.dat 0 0 0 pqr.dat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parsing null or empty output

I am working an some if then statements for a script. I want to be able to check for alpha characters or empty out put then exit out. if ]]; echo "Serial Number Invaild" then exit 3; How do I account if the output is empty or null in this in this statement. Many thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andysensible
6 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)