Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: remove file extension
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting remove file extension Post 302127749 by prvnrk on Thursday 19th of July 2007 10:46:45 AM
Old 07-19-2007
Thanks vino, i got it done.

Lorcan, thanks and ignore my last msg.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i remove files with extension in many folders

hello i have 2 question if i have 1 folder and under this folder many many sub folders and in every folders many files with man extension like *php * jpg * gif i need to remove all *php files 1- from tha main folder only 2- from tha main folder and all sub folders the second how... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ateya
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to remove the extension from its name

There are few files in my windows directory and I need a perl script to rename the files to its original names i.e., the last extension(.orig) needs to be removed programatically, files in directory data1.htm.orig data2.htm.orig data3.htm.orig to be renamed to data1.htm data2.htm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] remove file extension

Hi, I have some files with some extension e.g. abc.xml.REMOVE,xyz.xml,efg.xml.REMOVE . I have to remove the .REMOVE extension. I can display it using the below script but cannot rename it. ls -l|sed 's/\.REMOVE//' How can I rename this? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the file except with particular extension

Hi all i am new for the shell scripting can any one help me with my requirments . i want to delete file older than 21 days everything works fine but in that dir i got the files with should not be deleted with particular extension like (.info):confused:here is the script i wrote .can anyone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove filenames having the same extension.?

hi, i have a directory which contains some files and a subdirectory. i am writing only the files names to a file using the below code. ls -ltr | grep "^-" | awk '{print $NF}' > /home/file_list$$ cat /home/file_list$$ s1_abc.txt s2_def.xls s3_def.xls as you can see there is one .txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the last 15 characters of a filename with respect to leave file extension

how can i remove numbers of characters from the last name of file with respect to not remove the files extension example VFX_Official_Trailer_(HD)__Shhh__-_by_Freddy_Chavez_Olmos_&_Shervin_Shoghian-.mp4 i want to rename this to VFX-Official-Trailer-(HD)-Shhh... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ateya
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display the .csv extension files based on .done extension fine

Hi All, I want to fetch the files based on .done file and display the .csv files and Wil take .csv files for processing. 1.I need to display the .done files from the directory. 2.next i need to search for the .Csv files based on .done file.then move .csv files for the one directory ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija.g6
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove extension in loop

Dear all sorry for bothering you wityh dumb question but I am stucked with an issue. Well, I am trying to loop over files in folder, make an operation and rewrite the output. Example: INPUT file1.txt file2.txt file3.txtMy command (doesn't work!!) for file in /path/to/*.txt do command... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: giuliangiuseppe
13 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash to remove find and remove specific extension

The bash below executes and does find all the .bam files in each R_2019 folder. However set -x shows that the .bam extension only gets removed from one .bam file in each folder (appears to be the last in each). Why is it not removing the extension from each (this is $SAMPLE)? Thank you :). set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)

NAME
dh_installemacsen - register an Emacs add on package SYNOPSIS
dh_installemacsen [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [--flavor=foo] DESCRIPTION
dh_installemacsen is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian emacsen-common package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the preinst postinst and prerm commands needed to register a package as an Emacs add on package. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works. FILES
debian/package.emacsen-compat Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/compat/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-install Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-remove Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-startup Installed into etc/emacs/site-start.d/50package.el in the package build directory. Use --priority to use a different priority than 50. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. --priority=n Sets the priority number of a site-start.d file. Default is 50. --flavor=foo Sets the flavor a site-start.d file will be installed in. Default is emacs, alternatives include xemacs and emacs20. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) "usr/share/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz" This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)