Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to send mail from unix?? Post 302126648 by Shell_Life on Thursday 12th of July 2007 10:14:02 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Deepaknbk,
I tested your script several times and it worked every time,
except when I placed the wrong e-mail address either in the
receiver or with the '-r' option.

Make sure your e-mail addresses are correct.

Good luck!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can not send mail from unix server to company/yahoo mail

hi, Gurus, I need some help with sending mail out from my UNIX server: It is running Solaris 2.6 and the sendmail version is 8.8. Output of :/usr/lib/sendmail -d0.1 -bt < /dev/null Version 8.8.8+Sun Compiled with: LOG MATCHGECOS MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7 NAMED_BIND NDBM NETINET ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: b5fnpct
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am not able to send mail form unix to other mail accounts.

Using Mailx command i.e mailx -s "subject" chinni@hotmail.com < \tmp\chin this command executed sucessfully but not able to receive the mail in chinni@hotmail.com please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chinnigd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send a mail in UNIX

Hi, I need to write one unix script gor sending a mail notification. I have to pass the followinf as arguments,from ,to,subject,messege body Can i use mailx....Please provide the code Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail in Unix

Hi, I am able to generate the log file from my shell file. How can i send the content of the log file through mail to some one. Raja (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: konankir
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Req the mail send from unix script

Hi , I want to send mail in my script when i am not a super user. Can some one help me on that .. Regards, Balamani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix script to check if rsh to box and send status mail

rshstatus=`rsh -n lilo /db/p2/oracle/names9208/restart_names.sh` if $rshstatus <>0 then errstatus=1 mailx -s "xirsol8dr" ordba@xxx.com >> $log_dr else if errstatus=0 echo "status to xirsol8dr successful" can anyone provide if this is t he correct way to do this or is there a better way? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpm12
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix

how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix. please help me. how my cron job entry should be? As of now my cron job entry is to run the script at specific time, 15 03 * * * /path/sample.sh | mail -s "Logs" email_id In the above entry, what... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail through Unix

Hi Can any one please help me how to send mail through unix. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a UNIX script to send a mail to the respective individual users about their groups?

Hi Team, I got a requirement to send a mail to the individual users of a unix server about their respective groups. can some one help me to provide the script as I am unable to write that. I tried with below lines but I come out with errors. cat /etc/passwd | awk -F':' '{ print $1}' |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshabag
6 Replies
whom(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   whom(1)

NAME
whom - report to whom a message is addressed (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
whom [options] [file] OPTIONS
Specifies the alias file to be consulted by whom. If you have used one or more aliases in your message header, whom will consult the named file to find those aliases, and will print the full addresses as its output. You can reference more than one file, but each file name must be preceded by the word -alias. See mh-alias(4) for more information. Checks that the addresses are valid. whom makes no guarantees that the addresses listed as being correct are really deliverable: rather, an address being listed as correct means that at the time that whom was run, the address was thought to be deliverable by the transport service. For local addresses, this means that the local user does exist, and that the address was deliverable at the time of checking. For network and uucp addresses, it means that the syntax of the address is valid. Sets the draft message to be the standard file draft in your Mail directory. Specifies the folder in which whom searches for the draft message. The default is to use the current message in the named folder. You can select another message by using the -draftmessage option. For more information on using a draft folder, see comp(1). The -draftfolder option is often set up in your user pro- file; see mh_profile(4) for more information. Specifies the draft message to be used. If you specify a folder with the -draftfolder option, the -draftmessage option takes the number of a message in that folder. If you do not specify a folder, -draftmessage takes the name of a file. If you do not give an absolute pathname (one beginning with a / or or ), -draftmessage assumes that the file is located in your Mail directory. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Specifies the format of the addresses to be checked. The only value allowed is smtp, which checks that addresses are deliverable over the standard mail system. Additional values are supported only for use with other mail systems. The defaults for this command are: file defaults to <mh-dir>/draft -nocheck -alias /usr/lib/mh/MailAliases -mts smtp DESCRIPTION
The whom command is used to expand the headers of a message into a set of addresses, and optionally to verify that those addresses are deliverable at that time if -check is given. The whom command is often invoked as one of the options offered by the whatnow program when you have finished editing a draft message. See whatnow(1) for more details. If you want to run whom on a named file, you can supply a file argument. This argument allows you to specify a named file; if you want to run whom on an existing message, use the -draftfolder and -draftmessage options. If you do not give an absolute pathname (one beginning with a / or or ), whom assumes that the named file is in your current working directory. RESTRICTIONS
For this version, the -mts option only supports the value smtp. Additional values are supported for use only with other mail systems. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your MH directory (mh-dir) Draft-Folder: To find the default draft-folder postproc: Program to post the message EXAMPLES
In the following example, whom would use the current message in the +drafts folder: % whom -draftfolder +drafts smith: address OK In the next example, whom searches for message 2 in the folder +drafts: % whom -draftfolder +drafts -draftmessage 2 davis@hostname: address OK FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
comp(1), mh-alias(4), post(8) whom(1)