Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh while loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh while loop Post 302125150 by anbu23 on Wednesday 4th of July 2007 06:16:08 AM
Old 07-04-2007
Code:
#!usr/bin/ksh

integer max=1400
set file="afilename"
integer i=1

while [[ $i -lt $max ]]
do
# $(echo value of is : $i >> $file)
echo value i: $i
(( i = i + 1 ))
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop in ksh..Please help..

Hi ALL, I need to take some command line arguments for my script and then want to run a function for each argument.I thought of using for loop as below, but its not working , can some one please help... #!/bin/ksh lpar1=$1 lpar2=$2 lpar3=$3 lpar4=$4 lpar5=$5 echo "$lpar1" >>lpar.txt echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with While loop in KSH

Hi, I want to write a while loop like this can any one say me whats wrong with my loop USAGE="Usage: Mail.ksh" integer i=3 while ((1<i<=3)) do . . . . (( CMD_JUL = LSD_JUL - i )) CUR_MAINT_DATE=$(julian2date ${CMD_JUL}) . . . i=i-1 done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my for loop does not work right in ksh?

hi all, i have a for loop statement in my ksh code. it only returns the first value retrieved not the value for the other rows. ex: acct_id value = returned value in the for loop 1 = 1 2 = 1 (instead of 2) 3 = ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - for loop with variables

Hi, I 'm trying to send an e-mail for every different line in the .txt for i in {1..$variable} do sed -n "/$i$/p" text.txt done I have two problems about this. First one is that for loop doesn't work and the second one is that i cant get the output of sed (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ozum
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh loop

I need an echo "hit enter" running every 3 seconds till user hit enter key. 10x (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh for loop

Any reason why this thing doesn't works in Korn Shell for (( expr1; expr2; expr3 )) do ..... ... repeat all statements between do and done until expr2 is TRUE Done Rgds, TS (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: targetshell
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with loop in ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX. I am working on a script where it takes the input and produces a desired output and it works fine for one instance. Input(One Instance): CREATE TABLE TAB1 ( COL1, COL2 ); CREATE UNIQUE INDEX XPKTAB1 ( COL1 )TAB1; Output: CREATE TABLE TAB1 ( COL1, COL2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun2327
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiple if within while loop ksh

Hi All, I'm trying to write while loop with multiple if conditions. Each and every if condition with different variables. whenever one if condition fails i have remove the file from filename and have to pick another file and loop should exit until the last file found in filename. Please help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kayal
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error with while loop ksh

while ];do first=${hat} echo "${first}" b=$((b+1)) a=$((a+5)) done I'm trying to append values from the indicated index of one array to other, but it gives me an error with while loop....suggesting that ....... In the hat array, it contains many values... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestKing
2 Replies
break(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          break(1)

NAME
break, continue - shell built-in functions to escape from or advance within a controlling while, for, foreach, or until loop SYNOPSIS
sh break [n] continue [n] csh break continue ksh *break [n] *continue [n] DESCRIPTION
sh The break utility exits from the enclosing for or while loop, if any. If n is specified, break n levels. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosing for or while loop. If n is specified, resume at the n-th enclosing loop. csh The break utility resumes execution after the end of the nearest enclosing foreach or while loop. The remaining commands on the current line are executed. This allows multilevel breaks to be written as a list of break commands, all on one line. The continue utility continues execution of the next iteration of the nearest enclosing while or foreach loop. ksh The break utility exits from the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop, if any. If n is specified, then break n levels. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be exited. The continue utility resumes the next iteration of the enclosed for, while, until, or select loop. If n is specified then resume at the n- th enclosed loop. If n is greater than the number of enclosing loops, the outermost enclosing loop shall be used. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words that follow a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign, and also that word splitting and file name genera- tion are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), exit(1), ksh(1), sh( 1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 17 Jul 2002 break(1)