Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Block Comment in Shell script Post 302124667 by skyineyes on Monday 2nd of July 2007 06:51:28 AM
Old 07-02-2007
Block Comment in Shell script

how to put multiline comments in a shell script like /* Some code */ in C language?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

block editing, collapse, comment.

any way i can block edit a program ? i wrote a macro to do it in emacs so it works like : void foo ( int ... ) ; // collapsed. it moves the body to temperary buffer, but i can't rely on this :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_475
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from a standard comment block - perl

OK so I've inherited a set of scripts that do some work on a database. They do all have a standard comment block at the beginning that has good information on the script. I would like to generate a quick web page report that lists the script name and the description lines (for now it may be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khuilman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment and uncomment a line with Shell Script

Requirement is: 1. comment and uncomment the line with Shell Script: /opt/admin/fastpg/bin/fastpg.exe -c -=NET (using fastpg.exe as a search option) 2. display = "Commented" (when its commented) and display = "Uncommented" (when its uncommented) Its urgent, please let me asap!!! Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthonyraj75
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

best way for removing comment from shell scripts -- bash

Again a comment removal requirement from me, refer my previous problem & solution for removing comment from ruby scripts: https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/118296-best-way-removing-comment-ruby-program.html This time, it is for stripping of comments from Shell Script. I search for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thegeek
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to put block comment after finding regex in xml file

hi, i need my bash script to find regex in xml file.. and comment 2 lines before and after the line that contains regex.. can't use # needs to be <!-- at the beginning and --> and the end of the comment. so eg.. first block <filter> <filter-name>MyRegEx</filter-name> ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiline comment in shell script

Is thery any way to give comment to multiple line without explicitly specifying # at the begining of each line ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easiest way to comment/uncomment a shell script?

cd path line1 line2 line3 line4 line5 Lets say thats the sample script...So say if i have to comment the above script, which would be the better way so that whenever i want, i cud comment or uncomment the same. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and comment block of text from apache httpd.conf

I want to search for a block of text in httpd.conf that between two strings and comment it. There are multiple blocks with "<Directory.. and </Directory>" <Directory "${ORACLE_INSTANCE}/config/${COMPONENT_TYPE}/${COMPONENT_NAME}/htdocs"> # # Possible values for the Options directive are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Comment code blocks in a bash source file

Just began to learn on Shell Script. I got an exercise from my friend. I know how to make this happen in C, but I'm not familiar with Shell Script. Hope I can get some help from all of you. I want to write a bash script to comment code blocks in a bash source file. What I mean comment is '#', I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HiFuture0801
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
OHCOUNT(1)							   User Commands							OHCOUNT(1)

NAME
ohcount - manual page for ohcount 3.0.0 SYNOPSIS
ohcount [option] [paths...] DESCRIPTION
Ohloh source code line counter command line tool. http://www.ohloh.net/ [option] can be one of the following: -a, --annotate -d, --detect -h, --help -i, --individual -l, --license -re -s, --summary -a, --annotate Show annotated source code The contents of all source code files found within the given paths will be emitted to stdout. Each line will be prefixed with a tab-delimited language name and semantic categorization (code, comment, or blank). -d, --detect Find source code files Recursively find all source code files within the given paths. For each source code file found, the file name will be emitted to stdout prefixed with a tab-delimited language name. -h, --help Display this message -i, --individual Count lines of code per file Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language per file. -l, --license Displays detected licensing information contained in each source code file. -re Prints raw entity information to the screen (mainly for debugging). -s, --summary Count lines of code (default) Count lines in all source code files within the given paths, and emit a report of the total number of lines of code, comments, and blanks in each language. This is the default action. [paths] can refer to any number of individual files or directories. Directories will be probed recursively. If no path is given, the current directory will be used. ohcount 3.0.0 September 2011 OHCOUNT(1)