Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX NIM install hangs on LED 0608 Post 302124140 by touny on Friday 29th of June 2007 12:42:41 AM
Old 06-29-2007
NIM install hangs on LED 0608

Hi guys,

I am trying to install a new machine via nim but it is hanging on 0608 => it should be a network issue

here the situation hoping you will be able to help:

server NIM on a subnet/IP 10.36.12.64
client on 161.43.56.25

the ping test is successful but when I launch the isntall it hangs on 0608

Any idea ?

thanks in advance
Cheers
Al.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Linux install from NIM

Has anyone ever done this and is it easy to do with SLES9/10? All I can find so far is this link http://www-941.ibm.com/collaboration/wiki/display/Wikip5/16Jan07+Using+NIM+to+Install+VIO+and+Linux Can you still use all the feature of autoyast etc? TIA. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: backslash
1 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.1 install bos.sysmgt.nim.master failed

I was trying to install bos.sysmgt.nim.master on AIX 5.1 with a mounted NFS source, but it failed: # installp -agXd /nfs/aix51cd1 bos.sysmgt.nim.master installp: APPLYING software for: bos.sysmgt.nim.master 5.1.0.50 restore: 0511-123 The volume on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezlee
0 Replies

3. AIX

NIM client installation hangs at 0608

Hi All, I am facing very strange problem. I have created NIM server with 6.1 TL4SP3. I am having SPOT and MKsysb of the same version. I am able to install the client using this spot and mksysb. Now I got the requirement of installing the 5.3 ML11SP3 client. So using the mksysb of 5.3 ML11SP3, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: falgun6666
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

5. AIX

OS install from NIM fails

Hi Guys, The ping is failing SMS menu on the client to the interface for a network boot from NIM. I checked the cables, they are plugged in and lights are blinking. this is the error i am getting when I am pushing the OS on NIM Command: OK stdout: yes stderr: no ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithinksgreen
2 Replies

6. Solaris

10_Recommended patches install - hangs!

Got a Solaris 10 05/09 machine recently built. Trying to run installcluster --s10cluster like Ive done loads of times before. On this particular machine, it just sits there, no output on command line. Any ideas what to try to see whats going wrong? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulfoel
3 Replies

7. AIX

NIM - install up-to-date VIOS ?

Hello, Is it possible to install up-to-date vios in one NIM operation ? For example I have vios v2.1 DVD and current vios version is v2.2.1.3(we update to fixpack v2.2.1.1_FP25 and apply service pack 2.2.1.3-FP25-SP01) I know it's possible if we install AIX using NIM - we just update... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Install hangs on laptop

I have an older laptop the "management" wants me to use instead of buying something that works. Not an antique but a couple years old. An HP with Turion AMD CPU, ATI video. When I try to install in graphical mode, it hangs after package selection. Doesn't matter whether I select server or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RocketGuy
6 Replies

9. AIX

NIM Restore hangs at the start

Hello Gurus, I have a couple of questions, I'm trying to do a mksysb restore from backup and it has just hung at the start. RS/6000 Firmware Version TCP05287 (c) Copyright IBM Corp. 2000 All rights reserved. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcounto
8 Replies

10. AIX

Install RPM from NIM LPP without smitty

I want to install single RPM from LPP on NIM system without doing it interactively (with single non-interactive command), so I 'got' that command from smitty this way: # smitty nim > Install and Update Software > Install Software Select the LPP_SOURCE containing the install images >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n.i.b
5 Replies
ARNO_FWFILTER(1)														  ARNO_FWFILTER(1)

NAME
arno-fwfilter - a filter script to make iptables firewall logs more readable for humans SYNOPSIS
arno-fwfilter [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
arno-fwfilter is a pipe filter script to make the firewall-log better readable. Some usage examples are: Static firewall log filtering: arno-fwfilter < logfile Realtime firewall logging on tty10: tail --follow <logfile> | arno-fwfilter >/dev/tty10 & OPTIONS
--help, -h Print the available options. --html-output, -o Use basic HTML to format the output --no-locations, -l Disable to (try to) obtain the IP's geographical location. By default, http://www.hostip.info/ is visited to get this information. --no-colors, -c Disable the use of colors in the output. --single-line, -s Put all information about an event in a single line SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-iptables-firewall(8) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-fwfilter was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke September 2005 ARNO_FWFILTER(1)