Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How To replace Control-M in all files in a folder Post 302123009 by zedex on Friday 22nd of June 2007 12:14:44 PM
Old 06-22-2007
perl way

this is what we use

perl -p -i -e 's/^M$//' *

or

perl -p -i -e 's/\r//' *

where * for all files i dont know how to use it recursively

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in all files in a folder and subfolders.

i need to change string in all files in current folder and all subfolders. i wrote the following script. It works good except it dont delete temp file from subfolders. for z in `find . -type f -name "*.html" -o -name "*.htm"`; do sed -e 's@abc@xyz@g' $z>temp; mv temp $z; done any idea?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crazynups
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Auto copy for files from folder to folder upon instant writing

Hello all, I'm trying to accomplish that if a file gets written to folder /path/to/a/ it gets automatically copied into /path/to/b/ the moment its get written. I thought of writing a shell script and cron it that every X amount of minutes it copies these files over but this will not help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace control m

Hi I want to find ^M characters in all files in dir and subdirectory and replace . In single file use this and change ,how can i cahnge in files under subdirectory. perl -i -pe 's/^MZ//g' *.txt sed -e 's/^M//g' filename >filename.new Thanks in advance MR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan705
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace folder of files with $var

I want to scan through all the files in the folder and replace all instances of $file_X within the file with the variable $X defined in my bash script on my debian 6.0 install. For example, if the file contains $file_dep I want it to be replaced with the value of the variable $dep defined in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spadez
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace character in files of entire folder? sed? or what?

Hello, I do have several files in one folder each file contains measurement data. for each file I would like to replace the character "," by "." ? How can I do this and how can I do this for each file at once? E.G. data_1.dat, data_x.dat (original version) data_1out.dat, data_x_out.dat... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollinator
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting for moving folder specific files into target directory of that country folder.

I need help to write shell script to copy files from one server to another server. Source Directory UAE(inside i have another folder Misc with files inside UAE folder).I have to copy this to another server UAE folder( Files should be copied to UAE folder and Misc files should be copied in target... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naresh2389
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace the first and last character which is pipe symbol in all files within a folder?

with in my files i have the data like this, starting with a pipe and ending the line with a pipe. all i want is to replace the first and last pipe , remove those trying to use following sed command, but it is only showing on the screen the entire data of the file as if it removed, but when i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed command to replace "|" with ^ for all *.dat files in a folder not working

I am trying to use the below sed command to replace all "|" to ^, in a folder had 50 dat files. when i tried with 1 file it worked but when i tried with wild card, is not working. sed -i 's/"|"/\^/g' *.dat Is this the proper way to use sed command thank you very much for help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
PERLMACOS(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      PERLMACOS(1)

NAME
README.macos - Perl under Mac OS (Classic) SYNOPSIS
This document briefly describes perl under Mac OS (Classic). If you are running perl under Mac OS X, you don't want to be here (unless you are in the Classic environment under Mac OS X). When we say "Mac OS" below, we mean Mac OS 7, 8, and 9, and not Mac OS X. DESCRIPTION
The latest perl source itself builds on Mac OS, with some additional pieces. Support for Mac OS is now in the perl core, and MacPerl is kept in close sync with regular perl releases. To build perl for Mac OS (as an MPW tool), you will need the addition of the macos subdirectory, distributed separately. It includes extra source files, config files, and make files. It also includes extra Mac-specific modules. To build the MacPerl application, you will also need the macperl directory, which includes the source files for creating the application itself. All of this is available from the development site, via HTTP (in the MacPerl Installer, which includes all the source and binaries) and anonymous CVS. http://dev.macperl.org/ The source is also in the main perl repository in the macperl branch (the 5.6 source is in the maint-5.6/macperl branch). You will also need compilers and libraries, all of them freely available. These are linked to from the SourceForge site. Go that site for all things having to do with MacPerl development. MacPerl 5.6.1 and later are supported on Mac OS 8.1 and later, for 68040 and PowerPC architectures. The MPW tool may be used on Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 computers. MacPerl 5.2.0r4 is also available, on the CPAN and on SourceForge. It is based on perl 5.004, and works with Mac OS 7.5.5 and 68030 com- puters. AUTHOR
perl was ported to Mac OS by Matthias Neeracher <neeracher@mac.com>. It is currently maintained by Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>. DATE
Last modified 2002.05.02. perl v5.8.9 2007-11-17 PERLMACOS(1)