Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pdf of Unix Shell proramming by Yashwant kanetkar needed Post 302121688 by zazzybob on Monday 18th of June 2007 02:52:20 AM
Old 06-18-2007
Indeed. Thread closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there any way to append pdf files in UNIX?

Is there any way to append pdf files in UNIX? I have a apllication which creates pdf files. Now i want to append them so that it gives me one pdf file. Is this possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cp7800
2 Replies

2. Programming

parallel port proramming for sun ultra

Hi I'm trying to look for information about reading/writing to the parallel port of a Sun Ultra 5 running Solaris 8. I'd just like to see some basic programs written in C, nothing fancy, just reading and wrting to the port, getting the port address etc. toggling the lines. I've tried searching... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishman2001
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing to pdf in Unix?

Is there an easy way to print to a pdf file in Unix? Now I'm using lpr command to print to a network printer , but I need to have a pdf version of the file as well! Can someone help me? -Rune (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: runeho
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SA288-sun solaris for systemm admin8,part II pdf needed

Hi All, can any1 plz upload me the SA288-sun solaris for system admin8,part II pdf. I need to do the certification.................plz help me at the earliest Thanks to all (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iliyas
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to modify an existing pdf with unix shell commands

Hi, I know that to create a pdf file I can use the txt2pdf command. But if I would change an existing pdf file, by inserting lines in particular positions of this file, what can I use? And How? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fandwick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch job in unix server to move the pdf file from unix to windows.

Hi Experts, I have a requirement where i need to setup a batch job which runs everymonth and move the pdf files from unix server to windows servers. Could some body provide the inputs for this. and also please provide the inputs on how to map the network dirve in the unix like that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ger199901
1 Replies

7. Solaris

[ Help needed] - VxVM pdf required

Hi, I am looking for below PDF's Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 for UNIX - Install and configure Veritas Storage Foundation 5.1 for UNIX - Manage and Adminstrator Could someone please provide a link. I would be highly thankful to you. Best Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Linux/UNIX Bash Shell Script trouble help needed!!

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 2. Shell Bash Script 3. !/bin/bash if echo no directory then mkdir -p /home/AC_Drywall elif ; then echo "$dir already exist" fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomFord1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell scripting - help needed

Can anyone please help me to create the output file based on the attached input files using ksh script. I have 2 input files 1) inputfile1.txt 2) inputfile2.txt The script should accept 2 parametes: 1. Inputfile2.txt with 1-10,000 values ( sample file contains only 4 records) 2. Script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed: UNIX shell variables to store Oracle table records

Hello Folks, I'm working on a requirement to automate the process of generating report(csv file) using metadata info stored in an Oracle table and E-mail it to respective people. Meta data table: Report_ID,Report_SUB_ID,Report_DB,Report_SQL,Report_to_email_Id 1,1,DEV,'select * From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
2 Replies
Thread::Semaphore(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				    Thread::Semaphore(3pm)

NAME
Thread::Semaphore - thread-safe semaphores SYNOPSIS
use Thread::Semaphore; my $s = new Thread::Semaphore; $s->up; # Also known as the semaphore V -operation. # The guarded section is here $s->down; # Also known as the semaphore P -operation. # The default semaphore value is 1. my $s = new Thread::Semaphore($initial_value); $s->up($up_value); $s->down($up_value); DESCRIPTION
Semaphores provide a mechanism to regulate access to resources. Semaphores, unlike locks, aren't tied to particular scalars, and so may be used to control access to anything you care to use them for. Semaphores don't limit their values to zero or one, so they can be used to control access to some resource that there may be more than one of. (For example, filehandles). Increment and decrement amounts aren't fixed at one either, so threads can reserve or return multiple resources at once. FUNCTIONS AND METHODS
new new NUMBER "new" creates a new semaphore, and initializes its count to the passed number. If no number is passed, the semaphore's count is set to one. down down NUMBER The "down" method decreases the semaphore's count by the specified number, or by one if no number has been specified. If the sema- phore's count would drop below zero, this method will block until such time that the semaphore's count is equal to or larger than the amount you're "down"ing the semaphore's count by. up up NUMBER The "up" method increases the semaphore's count by the number specified, or by one if no number has been specified. This will unblock any thread blocked trying to "down" the semaphore if the "up" raises the semaphore count above the amount that the "down"s are trying to decrement it by. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 Thread::Semaphore(3pm)