Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX memory usage allocation Post 302119989 by ppass on Saturday 2nd of June 2007 03:40:19 AM
Old 06-02-2007
Are u running oracle , there must be a memory leak in some applications ;
try this commeand in a cron "UNIX95= ps -e -o comm,vsz,etime,stime,time" and append the information to a log file and check which process is eating up your memory .

Check the kernel parameter settings swapmem_on ...

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory allocation

I would like to know how I could allocate some more memory to a process. Please note that I am not the root user. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

threads and memory allocation

Hello! First of all, forgive me for bad English. When I starts new thread (pthread_create), system allocates some memory for it (for example, for thread's stack). I wonder when does it deallocate this memory? The problem is that I have a program which sometimes creates new threads and sometimes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prankster
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX memory usage allocation

Hi all, I have a HP-UX Server with 4 gigabytes of physical RAM. When I use the 'Glance' utility to see what my memory utilization is, my memory usage shows up maxed out at 99%. I shut off all the known processes that I'm running on that box and the memory utilization is still at 78% (with Swap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dehuang83
1 Replies

4. Programming

Dynamic memory allocation

Hi, I am trying to process line by line of a file. But I should not be allocating static allocation for reading the contents of the file. The memory should be dynamically allocated. The confusion here is how do I determine the size of each line, put it into a buffer with the memory allocated... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
11 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Programming

memory allocation in subroutine

Hi everyone, I'm not new to C programming, but I'm having question regarding the memory allocation of a pointer variable which, for instance, will be declared in main(), but its memory will be allocated in subroutine. To clearify my question, I provide a small working example: #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIB_Maik
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. Programming

Memory allocation in C

Hi Experts I need some help in static memory allocation in C. I have a program in which I declared 2 variables, one char array and one integer. I was little surprised to see the addresses of the variables. First: int x; char a; printf("%u %u\n', &x, a); I got the addresses displayed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx_freak
2 Replies

9. Programming

memory allocation for string in C

hi in the following code, how the memory is allocated for a1 which holds the values of a2 after cpy function call. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void cpy(char* d, const char* s){ while(*d++=*s++); } main(){ char* a1; char* a2="done"; cpy(a1,a2); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory allocation problem

I am using ubuntu. I have written a program to calculate prime factors. it works perfectly fine till entered number is less than 9989 (or so ) but when one enters a number higher than that, for example 15000, it does not work. Can anyone guide me whats the problem ? although new codes are welcome,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
2 Replies
STIME(2)                                                     Linux Programmer's Manual                                                    STIME(2)

NAME
stime - set time SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> int stime(const time_t *t); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): stime(): Since glibc 2.19: _DEFAULT_SOURCE Glibc 2.19 and earlier: _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
stime() sets the system's idea of the time and date. The time, pointed to by t, is measured in seconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). stime() may be executed only by the superuser. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT Error in getting information from user space. EPERM The calling process has insufficient privilege. Under Linux, the CAP_SYS_TIME privilege is required. CONFORMING TO
SVr4. SEE ALSO
date(1), settimeofday(2), capabilities(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2016-03-15 STIME(2)