Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add text to end of text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting add text to end of text file Post 302119748 by reborg on Thursday 31st of May 2007 05:27:17 PM
Old 05-31-2007
Code:
echo "WITH A NEW LINE" >> file

This User Gave Thanks to reborg For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop to add text to the end of a file

Hi all, I've got 2 files. File 1 has a list say a b c d e f File 2 got start= What I want is to create File 3 which look like this start=a,b,c,d,e,f So is it possible to loop throught File1 to echo it into File3 in one line? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text at the end of line conditionally

Hi All, I have a file as below: cat myfile abcdef NA rwer tyujkl na I wish to add the text ".txt" at the end of all lines except the lines starting with NA or na. I know i can add text at the end of line using following command but I am not sure how to valiate the condition. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to add text to beginning and end of each line

Well here goes: I tried to write a batch file that adds a specific fixed text to each line of an already existing text file. for the adding text infront of each line I tried this: for /F "delims=" %%j in (list.txt) do echo.STARTTEXT\%%j >> list.txt for adding text after each line I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pasc
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add text into the last line of text file

I need help with insert text to the last line of text file with echo command I know can do something like echo "i4\n$logtext\n.\nwq" | ex -s $file can insert to first line, but how can i change this code in order to insert to the last line of text file? please help, thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavin_L
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to add backslashes to end of certain lines of text

I'd like to write up notes in a relatively readable format and then use a shell script to add LaTeX formatting. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how to add the LaTeX newline character (\\) to the end of lines without \begin{} or \end{} statements example notes file: \begin{enumerate} --... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icskittles
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text file and add another string at the end of line

Dear All I am having a text file which is having more than 200 lines. EX: 001010122 12000 BIB 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 2000 AND 12000 11200 1200003 001010122 12000 KVB 12000 11200 1200003 In the above file i want to search for string KVB... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add strings from one file at the end of specific lines in text file

Hello All, this is my first post so I don't know if I am doing this right. I would like to append entries from a series of strings (contained in a text file) consecutively at the end of specifically labeled lines in another file. As an example: - the file that contains the values to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gus74
3 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

2 Questions: replace text in txt file, add text to end of txt file

so... Lets assume I have a text file. The text file contains multiple "#" symbols. I want to replace all thos "#"s with a STRING using DOS/Batch I want to add a certain TEXT to the end of each line. How can I do this WITHOUT aid of sed, grep or anything linux related ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add text to the end of line

Seems simple but ive been searching for a good hour of so I have a text file and would like to add a string to the end of line 5 ( as an example) to ake tings hard the line number we have to add the text to is stored in a variable cunningly name $Line_to_append any ideas on how this could... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
DwtSTextSetMaxLength(3Dwt)												DwtSTextSetMaxLength(3Dwt)

Name
       DwtSTextSetMaxLength - Sets the maximum allowable length of the text string in the simple text widget.

Syntax
       void DwtSTextSetMaxLength(widget, max_length)
	    Widget widget;
	    int max_length;

Arguments
       widget	 Specifies the ID of the simple text widget whose maximum text string length you want to set.

max_length
		 Specifies  the maximum length of the text string in the simple text widget.  This argument sets the DwtNmaxLength attribute asso-
		 ciated with DwtSTextCreate.

Description
       The DwtSTextSetMaxLength function sets the maximum allowable length of the text in the simple text widget and prevents the user from enter-
       ing text larger than this limit.

See Also
       DwtSText(3Dwt),  DwtSTextGetString(3Dwt),  DwtSTextSetEditable(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetMaxLength(3Dwt), DwtSTextSetSelection(3Dwt), DwtS-
       TextClearSelection(3Dwt), DwtSTextGetSelection(3Dwt)
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit: C Language Binding
       Guide to the XUI Toolkit Intrinsics: C Language Binding

DwtSTextSetMaxLength(3Dwt)