Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX memory usage allocation Post 302119712 by Skyybugg on Thursday 31st of May 2007 11:25:07 AM
Old 05-31-2007
I don't know if this works on HP but I use these on AIX to find "top hogs":
ps aux | tail +2 | sort -n +2 -r | head ; Top cpu hogs
ps aux | tail +2 | sort -n +3 -r | head ; Top memory hogs

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

memory allocation

I would like to know how I could allocate some more memory to a process. Please note that I am not the root user. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

threads and memory allocation

Hello! First of all, forgive me for bad English. When I starts new thread (pthread_create), system allocates some memory for it (for example, for thread's stack). I wonder when does it deallocate this memory? The problem is that I have a program which sometimes creates new threads and sometimes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prankster
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX memory usage allocation

Hi all, I have a HP-UX Server with 4 gigabytes of physical RAM. When I use the 'Glance' utility to see what my memory utilization is, my memory usage shows up maxed out at 99%. I shut off all the known processes that I'm running on that box and the memory utilization is still at 78% (with Swap... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dehuang83
1 Replies

4. Programming

Dynamic memory allocation

Hi, I am trying to process line by line of a file. But I should not be allocating static allocation for reading the contents of the file. The memory should be dynamically allocated. The confusion here is how do I determine the size of each line, put it into a buffer with the memory allocated... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
11 Replies

5. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

6. Programming

memory allocation in subroutine

Hi everyone, I'm not new to C programming, but I'm having question regarding the memory allocation of a pointer variable which, for instance, will be declared in main(), but its memory will be allocated in subroutine. To clearify my question, I provide a small working example: #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIB_Maik
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

8. Programming

Memory allocation in C

Hi Experts I need some help in static memory allocation in C. I have a program in which I declared 2 variables, one char array and one integer. I was little surprised to see the addresses of the variables. First: int x; char a; printf("%u %u\n', &x, a); I got the addresses displayed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx_freak
2 Replies

9. Programming

memory allocation for string in C

hi in the following code, how the memory is allocated for a1 which holds the values of a2 after cpy function call. #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> void cpy(char* d, const char* s){ while(*d++=*s++); } main(){ char* a1; char* a2="done"; cpy(a1,a2); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprakasheee
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory allocation problem

I am using ubuntu. I have written a program to calculate prime factors. it works perfectly fine till entered number is less than 9989 (or so ) but when one enters a number higher than that, for example 15000, it does not work. Can anyone guide me whats the problem ? although new codes are welcome,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
2 Replies
WINCACHE_SCACHE_MEMINFO(3)						 1						WINCACHE_SCACHE_MEMINFO(3)

wincache_scache_meminfo - Retrieves information about session cache memory usage

SYNOPSIS
array wincache_scache_meminfo (void ) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves information about memory usage by session cache. RETURN VALUES
Array of meta data about session cache memory usage or FALSE on failure The array returned by this function contains the following elements: o memory_total - amount of memory in bytes allocated for the session cache o memory_free - amount of free memory in bytes available for the session cache o num_used_blks - number of memory blocks used by the session cache o num_free_blks - number of free memory blocks available for the session cache o memory_overhead - amount of memory in bytes used for the session cache internal structures EXAMPLES
Example #1 A wincache_scache_meminfo(3) example <pre> <?php print_r(wincache_scache_meminfo()); ?> </pre> The above example will output: Array ( [memory_total] => 5242880 [memory_free] => 5215056 [num_used_blks] => 6 [num_free_blks] => 3 [memory_overhead] => 176 ) SEE ALSO
wincache_fcache_fileinfo(3), wincache_fcache_meminfo(3), wincache_ocache_fileinfo(3), wincache_rplist_fileinfo(3), wincache_rplist_mem- info(3), wincache_refresh_if_changed(3), wincache_ucache_info(3), wincache_scache_info(3). PHP Documentation Group WINCACHE_SCACHE_MEMINFO(3)