Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Help to Reboot to Mac OS X Post 302118184 by philomaximus on Saturday 19th of May 2007 11:14:20 PM
Old 05-20-2007
Error Need Help to Reboot to Mac OS X

Hello. Somehow I got out of my gui Mac OS 10.2 into Unix single-user mode. No matter what I've tried, I can't get out of Unix. I've tried the command "reboot" with no success. I've tried a safe boot, an X boot, and a couple of others and nothing seems to work. I can use the Unix commands to determine that my files are all still intact, but I can't get to them. I would try simply re-installing the OS, but my dvd drive door won't open. Does anyone have any suggestions? (If it would help, I could go through a step by step to tell you what happened before it went Unix, but it's a long story and may not help. If you think it will, let me know and I'll give details.) Thanks to anyone who can help.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. BSD

MAC at @reboot, like some cellphone

I want to change my MAC at reboot, so making it a cron job like the following in BSD. Can I do this in the jail for the user, setting it as a command or should it be a script? I would set it as a command openssl rand -hex 6 | sed 's/\(..)/\1:/g; s/.$//' just to test it, it works. To... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
0 Replies
MACUTIL(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   MACUTIL(1)

NAME
macutil - A package that deals with MacIntosh files on a Unix system DESCRIPTION
macutil is a package that contains a number of utilities that deal with MacIntosh files on a Unix system. It contains the following pro- grams: binhex Convert files to BinHex 4.0 compatible hexified form. frommac Receives files from the MacIntosh on the Unix system. hexbin Convert hexified files to their MacIntosh format. macsave Save a series of files from a MacBinary stream as individual files. macstream Combine a series of files to a MacBinary stream. macunpack Unpack a MacIntosh archive into its constituents. tomac Transmits files from the Unix system to a MacIntosh. BUGS
This manual page is hopelessly incomplete! SEE ALSO
binhex(1), frommac(1), hexbin(1), macsave(1), macstream(1), macunpack(1), tomac(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACUTIL(1)