Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX learn Aix system for beginner Post 302117954 by sysgate on Thursday 17th of May 2007 10:25:03 AM
Old 05-17-2007
This is a good place to start.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. HP-UX

System to learn on.

Hello all! I have recently picked up a contract job doing system administration. I was told it was primarily a Linux Red Hat shop but when I started I found out was about 60% HP-UX. I have very little HP-UX experience. I need to get an affordable HP-UX box to learn on. Any suggestions on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: offline
8 Replies

3. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

4. AIX

I need get the system aix please

hi my frieds, I´m from mexico and I was looking the SO Aix. please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puma056
4 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Printers moved to anothere AIX system

AIX Printers need to be moved to another system Guy's We have two servers old AIX 5.2 and new AIX 6.1 the old server has more than 300 printers installed with different configurations I'd like to move all the printers from the old server to the new server with fast steps it's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

6. AIX

Beginner's questions about AIX (6.1)

Hello, For some time I have intellistation 9111-285 and I installed AIX 6.1 on it. As a complete beginner I have 2 questions in general about AIX and two specific: 1. is the SMS (system management services) part of AIX? As I noticed when I had Yellowdog Linux installed they weren't available?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenashkov
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Learn Linux File System and Device Drivers

I am to start working on two project on Linux Device Drivers and other on File System. So I got the book "Understanding Linux Kernel" by Daniel and Marco. But I am confused as how to proce Will anybody pls let me know how to go to about studying the chapter in this book? I mean the order in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shefalibv
1 Replies

8. Programming

Shell programming ksh AIX - beginner

Hi! I have two shell scripts - Script1, Script2 Script1, Script2 - have return parameter Script1 - is calling Script2 in Script2 I am calling program sqlldr - if this program is called then I did not get the return parameter from Script1 Do You have any idea how can I avoid this problem. Mroki (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mroki
6 Replies

9. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to AIX: How do I setup high availability on an AIX System

I am new to AIX but not new to unix. I have an interview for an AIX systems admin position and I know they want someone who has knowledge of High Availability, Failover and LPARs From my research so far, It appear powerha is used to setup high availability and failover on Power systems but is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathisecure
2 Replies
SVN-DO(1)							 Command reference							 SVN-DO(1)

NAME
svn-do - export a source and run a command inside the source. SYNOPSIS
svn-do COMMAND DESCRIPTION
svn-do will use svn-buildpackage to export a source, run a command inside the exported source and, if the command succeeds, copy back the debian/ tree EXAMPLES
clean the tree (useful if this requires the full source tree) $ svn-do debclean I: Exporting source tree via svn-buildpackage... [...] I: Running command: debclean [...] I: Copying back the debian/ tree... 'debian/control' -> 'path/package/debian/control' use quilt to refresh a patch $ QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches svn-do sh -c "quilt push 002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch; quilt refresh" [...] I: Copying back the debian/ tree... [...] 'debian/patches/002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch' -> '/path/package/debian/patches/002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch' Start a source editing session and decide later not to copy back the debian/ tree $ svn-do $SHELL [...] I: Running command: /bin/zsh % exit 1 E: command exited with 1; not copying back the debian/ tree. edit a patch in a CDBS' simple-patchsys based package $ svn-do cdbs-edit-patch 02_pmount.patch [...] SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/() The svn-buildpackage HOWTO manual svn-inject(1) puts a Debian source package into Subversion repository svn-upgrade(1) upgrade source package from a new upstream revision svn(1) Subversion command line client tool dpkg-buildpackage(1) Debian source package tools lintian(1) Debian package checker AUTHORS
Eduard Bloch This manual page was written by Eduard Bloch in roff. Goneri Le Bouder Converted manpages to SGML. Neil Williams Converted manpages to DocBook XML and current Debian maintainer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Eduard Bloch Release: 0.8.2 May 2009 SVN-DO(1)