Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS Post 302117084 by genesisX on Thursday 10th of May 2007 12:07:59 PM
Old 05-10-2007
Question Suggestion: Alternative OS for Windows - Totally Clueless on Unix/Linux OS

Can anyone tell me a good alternative to Windows? OS that can connect to a Windows domain and use for everyday (can use with Oracle). Easy to learn.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows vs Unix/Linux

Hello is it possible to have Both Windows AND Unix and even mabey Windows AND Unix AND Linux on 1 machine?? GŪ33Tz:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justin45
7 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows vs Unix/Linux 2

This subject was brought up a short while ago. The question someone asked was is it possible to have Windows, Unix and Linux on one machine. It is possible to have a dual boot machine and it is possible to run Linux under windows and windows under linux. It is better to run Windows under Linux... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacx2
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Windows-Unix/Linux

I want to have some document or any link which will give me the difference between Windows Based servers and Unix based servers. Also the power of the operating systems. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ktmjamal
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Totally new unix user

Hi, ive just been given a HP UX c180 to play with, along with a few external hd`s, can anyone recommend me a good place to start learning unix please as i havent got a clue what im doing when it comes to unix. Either web links or book recomendations would be great. I would like to set it up with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leviathan40
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

totally new to unix

I'm trying to write a script, named "worfo" which will read a file in and return, on the screen, the number of words in the file. Also, I am looking to do several extras with this script. I need to allow it to accept the option "-n" which will use all non-alpha characters to delimit words. Also,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adawg1283
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing unix on windows? clueless here

I'm trying to learn how to use unix by installing it on my windows xp without having to format anything. I got some advice to get vmware player and run unix on it. I got the player, but now I'm stuck on figuring out how to use it or even find the unix download that I can use with it. Anyone knows a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnad
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative Scripting Language for UNIX/Linux System Administration

I do not know UNIX shell scripting so as an alternative which language would you think is better for daily System Administration tasks. Perl or PHP? I know a little about both. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackopus
5 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Looking for suggestion on authentication method for UNIX/Windows

Hello, We have mid level infrastructure of all on-premises servers. All windows servers are getting authenticated by Microsoft Active Directory Services, half Unix (Solaris+Linux) servers are getting authentication by NIS and other half by LDAP. We have plans to migrate from NIS to LDAP, so... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies
HWND(3TK)						       Tk Library Procedures							 HWND(3TK)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetHWND, Tk_AttachHWND - manage interactione between the Windows handle and an X window SYNOPSIS
#include <tkPlatDecls.h> HWND Tk_GetHWND(window) Window Tk_AttachHWND(tkwin, hwnd) ARGUMENTS
Window window (in) X token for window. Tk_Window tkwin (in) Tk window for window. HWND hwnd (in) Windows HWND for window. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetHWND returns the Windows HWND identifier for X Windows window given by window. Tk_AttachHWND binds the Windows HWND identifier to the specified Tk_Window given by tkwin. It returns an X Windows window that encapsulates the HWND. KEYWORDS
identifier, window ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tk 8.0 HWND(3TK)