Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting convert Julian date to calender date Post 302116654 by jim mcnamara on Monday 7th of May 2007 11:10:19 AM
Old 05-07-2007
try:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

date_from_yday()
{
	perl -e '
	  use Time::Local;

$yr = $ARGV[0] - 1900;
      $yday = $ARGV[1];
	  $mytime = timelocal(1,0,0,1,0,$yr);
	  $mytime += ( 86400 * $yday );

($sec,$min,$hour,$day,$mon,$yr,$wday,$yday,$whocares) = 
            localtime($mytime);
      $yr += 1900;
      printf("%02d/%02d/%d\n", $day, $mon, $yr);

' $2  $1
}

date_from_yday 75  2007

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian Date

I have a shell script which gets passed a parameter which is a combination of Year and Julian Date <YYYYj>. So April 11th, julian date is 101. So if I wanted April 11th for 2003 I would get the following value 2003101. How would I convert that in unix to be 20030411? I am using the korn shell. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find julian date for given corresponding date

Hi, is there any possibility to find julian date for given corresping date. I will be gladfull if i get it. Requirement : Input : 10 09 2006 output: julian date: 283 thanks srikanth (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calender Unix programming date issues

Hi, i;m beginner of Unix, i trying to use crontab to zip my log file automatically, below is my coding, some of the statement i don't know whether is correct or not. Pls help:) year=`date '+%Y'` month=`date '+%m'` day=`date '+%d'` day=`expr $day - 1` case $month in 1 | 3 | 5 | 7 | 8 | 9 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of date to Julian date

Hi Gurus, Need help in Conversion of date(2007-11-30) to Julian date(YYDDD)... '+%J' 2007-11-30 to 'YYDDD' Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SeenuGuddu
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Get Julian date from date string

Hi, im new for UNIX. i have a problem in date function. please help me to find a solution. batchdate="29/10/2010" nextdate="01/11/2010" i want compare this two date. if my batch date greater than nextdate should prompt error message. how can i do that? as i know its better and safer if i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananth4mu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian date to Calendar date conversion

Hi all, I require to convert julian date to normal calander date in unix for eg julian date=122 now i want corresponding calander date ---------------------------------------- gr8 if give very small command/script and please explain the steps as well(imp) Thanks ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a unix script to convert date into Julian format in a text file

The 6th & 7th column of the text files represents date & time. I need this to be converted in julian format using command "date +%s -d <date>". I know the command, but dont know how to use it on the script 0 dbclstr-b IXT_Web Memphis_Prod_SQL_Full Memphis-Prod-SQL-Full-Application-Backup... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajiwww
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on Autosys calender date.

Hi I am trying to schedule a job through Autosys through UNIX on a particular day of every month (for example 20th of every month). Can some one please help me whats the command or whats the process to run on that particular day of month. Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravuri
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch time to Julian date

Need assistance in converting an epoch time to Julian date To get epoch perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(1,5,2,12,10,2008), "\n"' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate Julian date of a given date

How to get Julian date (Three digit) of a given date (Not current date)? I do not have root privilege - so can not use date -d. Assume that we have three variables year, month and date. Thx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
5 Replies
Time::localtime(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      Time::localtime(3pm)

NAME
Time::localtime - by-name interface to Perl's built-in localtime() function SYNOPSIS
use Time::localtime; printf "Year is %d ", localtime->year() + 1900; $now = ctime(); use Time::localtime; use File::stat; $date_string = ctime(stat($file)->mtime); DESCRIPTION
This module's default exports override the core localtime() function, replacing it with a version that returns "Time::tm" objects. This object has methods that return the similarly named structure field name from the C's tm structure from time.h; namely sec, min, hour, mday, mon, year, wday, yday, and isdst. You may also import all the structure fields directly into your namespace as regular variables using the :FIELDS import tag. (Note that this still overrides your core functions.) Access these fields as variables named with a preceding "tm_" in front their method names. Thus, "$tm_obj->mday()" corresponds to $tm_mday if you import the fields. The ctime() function provides a way of getting at the scalar sense of the original CORE::localtime() function. To access this functionality without the core overrides, pass the "use" an empty import list, and then access function functions with their full qualified names. On the other hand, the built-ins are still available via the "CORE::" pseudo-package. NOTE
While this class is currently implemented using the Class::Struct module to build a struct-like class, you shouldn't rely upon this. AUTHOR
Tom Christiansen perl v5.16.3 2013-02-26 Time::localtime(3pm)