Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Please let me know Regarding Port Scan Post 302116558 by myramkumar on Sunday 6th of May 2007 12:21:16 AM
Old 05-06-2007
Please let me know Regarding Port Scan

Can any one please let me know below ones

1) How to Perform the Port Scan in Solaris Environment and how to block the unwanted Ports.

2) How to know whether particular Port is listning the requests or not?

Thanks
Ramkumar.B

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies

can anyone tell me a unix program that can port scan a c block of ips for proxies? a fast one, with reliable results, that can load an ip list, or set an ip range, and specify ports thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

port scan shell script

Hi, Can any one please suggest me commands for making port scan shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting port scan output

I need to format port scan output for input into another app. This is what I have; 1025/tcp 1521/tcp 2301/tcp 2381/tcp 3191/tcp 3389/tcp 5938/tcp 47001/tcp 54321/tcp 21/tcp 80/tcp 135/tcp 139/tcp 445/tcp 1025/tcp (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
4 Replies

4. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
mod_security(3erl)					     Erlang Module Definition						mod_security(3erl)

NAME
mod_security - Security Audit and Trailing Functionality DESCRIPTION
Security Audit and Trailing Functionality EXPORTS
list_auth_users(Port) -> Users | [] list_auth_users(Address, Port) -> Users | [] list_auth_users(Port, Dir) -> Users | [] list_auth_users(Address, Port, Dir) -> Users | [] Types Port = integer() Address = {A,B,C,D} | string() | undefined Dir = string() Users = list() = [string()] list_auth_users/1 , list_auth_users/2 and list_auth_users/3 returns a list of users that are currently authenticated. Authentica- tions are stored for SecurityAuthTimeout seconds, and are then discarded. list_blocked_users(Port) -> Users | [] list_blocked_users(Address, Port) -> Users | [] list_blocked_users(Port, Dir) -> Users | [] list_blocked_users(Address, Port, Dir) -> Users | [] Types Port = integer() Address = {A,B,C,D} | string() | undefined Dir = string() Users = list() = [string()] list_blocked_users/1 , list_blocked_users/2 and list_blocked_users/3 returns a list of users that are currently blocked from access. block_user(User, Port, Dir, Seconds) -> true | {error, Reason} block_user(User, Address, Port, Dir, Seconds) -> true | {error, Reason} Types User = string() Port = integer() Address = {A,B,C,D} | string() | undefined Dir = string() Seconds = integer() | infinity Reason = no_such_directory block_user/4 and block_user/5 blocks the user User from the directory Dir for a specified amount of time. unblock_user(User, Port) -> true | {error, Reason} unblock_user(User, Address, Port) -> true | {error, Reason} unblock_user(User, Port, Dir) -> true | {error, Reason} unblock_user(User, Address, Port, Dir) -> true | {error, Reason} Types User = string() Port = integer() Address = {A,B,C,D} | string() | undefined Dir = string() Reason = term() unblock_user/2 , unblock_user/3 and unblock_user/4 removes the user User from the list of blocked users for the Port (and Dir) spec- ified. THE SECURITYCALLBACKMODULE
The SecurityCallbackModule is a user written module that can receive events from the mod_security Erlang Webserver API module. This module only exports the function(s), event/4,5 , which are described below. EXPORTS
event(What, Port, Dir, Data) -> ignored event(What, Address, Port, Dir, Data) -> ignored Types What = atom() Port = integer() Address = {A,B,C,D} | string() <v>Dir = string() Data = [Info] Info = {Name, Value} event/4 or event/4 is called whenever an event occurs in the mod_security Erlang Webserver API module ( event/4 is called if Address is undefined and event/5 otherwise). The What argument specifies the type of event that has occurred, and should be one of the fol- lowing reasons; auth_fail (a failed user authentication), user_block (a user is being blocked from access) or user_unblock (a user is being removed from the block list). Note: Note that the user_unblock event is not triggered when a user is removed from the block list explicitly using the unblock_user function. Ericsson AB inets 5.5.2 mod_security(3erl)