Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh and sh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ksh and sh Post 302116479 by Elidas on Friday 4th of May 2007 08:52:43 AM
Old 05-04-2007
The file is sysdba.sh and the first line of the file is #!/bin/ksh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a ksh script from another ksh script

Hi, I'm new to unix scripting.How can i call a script from another script. I have a.ksh and b.ksh .I have to call b.ksh from a.ksh after it is successfully exceuted. I tried using #!/bin/ksh -x in a.ksh and at the end i have used /path/b.ksh My problem is it is executing only a.ksh.it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tracing a ksh script within a ksh script

I normally trace a script with the ksh -x <script name> and redirect strderr to file. But if you have a script like the examble below...... vi hairy bear=`grep bear animals` if then ksh more_animals fi If I ksh -x hairy it won't trace "more_animals" unless I put a -x in it. Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shorty
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

import var and function from ksh script to another ksh script

Ih all, i have multiples ksh scripts for crontab's unix jobs they all have same variables declarations and some similar functions i would have a only single script file to declare my variables, like: var1= "aaa" var2= "bbb" var3= "ccc" ... function ab { ...} function bc { ... }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfhurt
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with KSH

Hi, I need some help with the Ksh scripting.... I have a Script call Mail.ksh which calls Crank.ksh which calls Readdates.ksh whoch calls mindiff.ksh the output of mindiff.ksh and Readdates.ksh are wirtten to a text file... Here is how each file is called or executed... ./Mail.ksh 30... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on ksh

1. Script using bash #!/bin/bash a=4294967296 (( b=$a / 2 )) echo "$a" echo "$b" *** output *** 4294967296 2147483648 2. Script using ksh #!/bin/ksh a=4294967296 (( b=$a / 2 )) echo "$a" echo "$b" *** output *** 4294967296 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautam.shrestha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between executing llike ./myscript.ksh and . ./myscript.ksh

Hi , What is the diffence between executing the script like ./myscript.ksh . ./myscript.ksh I have found 2 difference but could not find the reason 1. If i export a variable in myscript.ksh and execute it like . ./myscript.ksh the i can access the other scripts that are present in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: max_hammer
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

different behaviour for ksh and ksh -x

I'm getting different behaviour when executing below script in debug option. $ cat ss.ksh ff=$(pwd) echo " ff : $ff" $ ksh ss.ksh ff : /tmp $ ksh -x ss.ksh + + pwd ff= + echo ff : ff : I was getting this behaviour in my actuall script i'm able to reproduce this in simple script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckybalaji
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh help

Hi, I have command like this with ooutput : unix>tnsping abc TNS Ping Utility for IBM/AIX RISC System/6000: Version 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on 17-AUG-2011 17:06:11 Copyright (c) 1997, 2007, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /opt/oracle/network/admin/sqlnet.ora ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: talashil
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh

Hi Dears kindly I am new here ...I want to ask your help ... I want to write AWK command when enter date like 20140129 plus 9 then it gives me 20140207 I wrote below but the result was wrong #!/bin/ksh echo "please input the data:" read a if echo $a|awk '{if... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaho87
15 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)