Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users display HTML text in body using unix mailX ???? Post 302116027 by Ygor on Monday 30th of April 2007 11:42:07 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I write a HTML file in UNIX and sent it as a body of a mail

Hi, How can I write a HTML file in Unix. Once I do that, I want to send this file as a body of a mail, along with writing a subject for the mail I am sending through unix. How can that be done? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: diwa81
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and html body messages

Hi, I'm working on Solaris 9 (SPARC) and I like to send an html body message to our users when something happen. The problem is that I can't find how to give mime type information with mailx. To be recognized as html I need to put in email header this information: Mime-Version: 1.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail with html attachment and html body

Hi folks, I have a perl script which sends out email after successful completion of job as inline html, I want to send it out as two parts now as html inline and html attachment. see the attached script. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display o/p in HTML format from unix environment

Hi, i want to disply the o/p in HTML format from unix environment. Let me explain my requirement. First an automated email should be sent in HTML format. The report contains number of error on a daily basis for this week. email looks like below, 01-04-2010 1000 02-04-2010 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Send HTML body and HTML attachment using MUTT command

Hi there.. I need a proper "mutt" command to send a mail with html body and html attachment at a time. Also if possible let me know the other commands to do this task. Please help me.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display both html and plain text in email in shell script

Hi, I want to display both html and plain in email in my script. i tried the below code code: export MAILTO="ssi@a.com" export CONTENT1="$htmlfile" export CONTENT2="$plainfile" export SUBJECT="INFO " export MAILFROM="si@a.com" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need syntax for mailing in UNIX by using html file as body and along with attachment

Hi All, I need a syntax for mailing in unix by using html code file output as body and along with attachment (without using mutt command) HTML code file : html1.txt Attachment : attach1.txt I was using the below codes but they are not working. ( cat html1.txt ; uuencode attach1.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
4 Replies
mail(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  mail(1B)

NAME
mail, Mail - interactive message processing system SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/mail ... /usr/ucb/Mail ... DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/mail and /usr/ucb/Mail are provided as links to /usr/bin/mailx. See mailx(1) for more information on the usage of these commands. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: /usr/ucb/mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ /usr/ucb/Mail +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mailx(1),attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Aug 1998 mail(1B)