Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Identify duplicate words in a line using command Post 302115992 by kahuna on Monday 30th of April 2007 02:11:06 PM
Old 04-30-2007
Srini, I'm not sure I understand your reluctance to use the scripts posted. Having said that, you could try the script below. It is not very efficient but is short.
Code:
perl -nle 'print if /(^|,)([^,]+)(,|,.*,)\2(,|$)/;' <file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overlapping words on command line

i tried resize command , but it's not working...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav123
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to extend words on a command line ?

within a unix window, how do you setup your session to extend a word, by hitting the "esc" key twice. e.g. ls -la scri (esc key, esc key) thankyou (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicate words in a line

Hi, Please help! I have a file having duplicate words in some line and I want to remove the duplicate words. The order of the words in the output file doesn't matter. INPUT_FILE pink_kite red_pen ball pink_kite ball yellow_flower white no white no cloud nine_pen pink cloud pink nine_pen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias two words command line

Hello, i would like to alias aptitude install for sudo aptitude install, is it possible, and how ? i read the man alias page, but i think i have to use something with \ or { but i don't know exactly what. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harlock59
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set mutliple words variable from command line

I'm writing a script (C shell) to search for a pattern in file. For example scriptname pattern file1 file2 filenN I use for loop to loop through arguments argv, and it does the job if all arguments are supplied. However if only one argument is supplied (in that case pattern ) it should ask to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patryk44
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to identify duplicate columns in a row

Hi, How to identify duplicate columns in a row? Input data: may have 30 columns 9211480750 LK 120070417 920091030 9211480893 AZ 120070607 9205323621 O7 120090914 120090914 1420090914 2020090914 2020090914 9211479568 AZ 120070327 320090730 9211479571 MM 120070326 9211480892 MM 120070324... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help to identify duplicate columns adjacent value

Hi friends, I have a xlsheet like below first column having id ABCfollowed by 7digit numbers and the next column have title against the ids. Titles are unique and duplicateboth, but ids are unique even for duplicate title.Now I need to identify those duplicate title having the highest id for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: umapearl
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting help to identify words count in lines

Hi everybody, i have this biological situation to fix: > Id.1 ACGTACANNNNNNNNNNNACGTGCNNNNNNNACTGTGGT >Id.2 ACGGGT >Id.3 ACGTNNNNNNNNNNNNACTGGGGG >Id.4 ACGTGCGNNNNNNNNGGTCANNNNNNNNCGTGCAAANNNNN ........ .... These are nucleotidic sequences with some "NNNN..." always of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giorgio C
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line: add text wrapper around words

I am trying to build a sinkhole for BIND. I created a master zone file for malicious domains and created a separate conf file, but I am stuck. I have a list of known bd domains that is updated nightly. The file simply contains the list of domains, one on each line: Bad.com Bad2.com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuallan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify unique words in a dictionary database

Hello, I have a dictionary which I am building for the Open Source Community. The data structure is as under HEADWORD=PARTOFSPEECH=ENGLISH MEANING as shown in the example below अ=m=Prefix signifying negation. अँहँ=ind=Interjection expressing disapprobation. अं=int=An interjection... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies
Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)

NAME
Plack::App::CGIBin - cgi-bin replacement for Plack servers SYNOPSIS
use Plack::App::CGIBin; use Plack::Builder; my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app; builder { mount "/cgi-bin" => $app; }; # Or from the command line plackup -MPlack::App::CGIBin -e 'Plack::App::CGIBin->new(root => "/path/to/cgi-bin")->to_app' DESCRIPTION
Plack::App::CGIBin allows you to load CGI scripts from a directory and convert them into a PSGI application. This would give you the extreme easiness when you have bunch of old CGI scripts that is loaded using cgi-bin of Apache web server. HOW IT WORKS
This application checks if a given file path is a perl script and if so, uses CGI::Compile to compile a CGI script into a sub (like ModPerl::Registry) and then run it as a persistent application using CGI::Emulate::PSGI. If the given file is not a perl script, it executes the script just like a normal CGI script with fork & exec. This is like a normal web server mode and no performance benefit is achieved. The default mechanism to determine if a given file is a Perl script is as follows: o Check if the filename ends with ".pl". If yes, it is a Perl script. o Open the file and see if the shebang (first line of the file) contains the word "perl" (like "#!/usr/bin/perl"). If yes, it is a Perl script. You can customize this behavior by passing "exec_cb" callback, which takes a file path to its first argument. For example, if your perl-based CGI script uses lots of global variables and such and are not ready to run on a persistent environment, you can do: my $app = Plack::App::CGIBin->new( root => "/path/to/cgi-bin", exec_cb => sub { 1 }, )->to_app; to always force the execute option for any files. AUTHOR
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa SEE ALSO
Plack::App::File CGI::Emulate::PSGI CGI::Compile Plack::App::WrapCGI See also Plack::App::WrapCGI if you compile one CGI script into a PSGI application without serving CGI scripts from a directory, to remove overhead of filesystem lookups, etc. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-02 Plack::App::CGIBin(3pm)