Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command??? Post 302114411 by kumarsaravana_s on Sunday 15th of April 2007 03:41:07 PM
Old 04-15-2007
Is there a way to recover files deleted using rm command???

Hi All,

I just mistakingly deleted some files using rm command.Is there a way to get it back?i work on Solaris 10

Thanks,
Kumar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recover deleted files

Is there a Unix tool, like in Novell, to recover accidentally deleted files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuultak
2 Replies

2. AIX

recover deleted files

How to recover deleted files in AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vjm
1 Replies

3. Linux

recover deleted files from memory stick

I'm running Fedora Core4. I deleted images off of my Sony DSC-P73 digital camera's memory stick. I'm looking for a *nix tool to recover the photos from the memory stick. Does anyone know of such a tool? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to recover deleted files in unix

Hi Experts, by mistake i deleted some files that are very important to the project. is there any way that i can recover those files,there is no backup for that but the details of the file we know. This will be a great help. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Recover Deleted Files

Hi, By mistake, executed the following command : rm -rf * and ALL files got deleted. But I need to get back these files as they are very very important. Please help me how to recover this file. Its Urgent for me please. Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recover Deleted Folder using rm command

Hi All, I accidentally deleted a important folder using rm command. Can i recover that folder. I don't have any backup mechanism. Please suggest.... its very urgant..Plz (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay.gandra
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Recover deleted files from linux server machine..

Hi, I am working Linux server machine. Somebody by mistake(or may be knowingly) deleted few folders and files from the machine. How is this possible to recover those files and folders????:confused: I normally logged in through Putty and winscp only. And don't have any history for putty... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pamu
8 Replies

8. Linux

Recover deleted files on Linux server

Hi Guys, Greetings!. I have executed the cronjob that runs the shell script which is in directory.When the cronjob was executed , I found that the directory where the script resides has got deleted. Note: The directory was deleted with other use not root user. The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reminisce
9 Replies
uuclean(8c)															       uuclean(8c)

Name
       uuclean - uucp spool directory clean-up

Syntax
       uuclean -p[pre] [ options ... ]

Description
       The  command  scans the spool directory for files with the specified prefix and deletes all those which are older than the specified number
       of hours.

The -ppre argument causes the command to scan for files with pre as the file prefix.  You can specify up to 10 arguments.   A  without  any
       pre following causes all files older than the specified time to be deleted.  You must specify at least one argument.

Options
       -ntime	    Delete  all  files	whose age is more than time, in hours, (default is 72 hours) and that have the specified pre as their file
		    prefix.

-m	    Send mail to the owner of the file when it is deleted.

-ssystem     Delete files in all directories that are subdirectories of the per system spool directory that exists for system.  If  ALL	is
		    specified, then all system directories are processed.  ALL is the default.

-ddirectory  Delete files that reside in the named directory.  The default directory is The option over rides the option.

The  command typically starts the program.  In earlier versions, a deleted work file (C.file) would result in mail to the owner of the work
       file, regardless of the option.	Now, notification of deleted work files is sent to the user ID "uucp".	If the option  is  used,  mail	is
       also sent to the owner.

Examples
       Here are some example command lines:
       # uuclean -pLTMP. -pLOG. -n4 -d/usr/spool/uucp
       # uuclean -d/usr/spool/uucp/.XQTDIR -p -n
       # uuclean -smarkie -p -n84
       The third example deletes all files for the system that are older than 84 hours.

Files
       Directory with commands used by uuclean internally

See Also
       uucp(1c), uux(1c), cron(8)

uuclean(8c)