Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris fork: Resource temporarily unavailable - What can I check ? Post 302114108 by Sowser on Thursday 12th of April 2007 02:22:45 PM
Old 04-12-2007
nice, really nice

Perderabo,

You have any other functions in that neat bag of tricks? Those functions are really helpful.

-S

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sendto failing "resource temporarily unavailable"

Well, I am not even sure if its failing, cause at the other end I have a select call and it wakes up and reads the data I sent fine. Ok here is the issue, I have a UDP socket(non blocking) through which I push some data to another port. At the other end I have select loop, waiting for this data.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fork:resource unavailable

Hello. I have code which create processes with fork(). I set a limit for processes by typing ulimit -u 20. Then I run my code who should create 100 processes. Unfortunately, I have a mistake there and I forgot to quit all of my forked processes when fork gave me return value -1. So I am trapped in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samos
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Mmap with fork : Resource unavaialable temporarily

installed 64bit 16GB VM on 64bit ESX server. Written small C code to map the 2GB of memory by mmap after creating 3 child and map getting failed by throwing "resource unavailable temporarily" after mapping 1.6 GB of memory out of 2GB. But same 1.5Gb memory mapping works fine. I checked... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddharoodh
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resource temporarily unavailable Error In Socket

Hi, Now I am programming to communicate with some network printer through TCP Socket program.By sending command "\033E 1\r" to printer,causes, check the port for error normally. In my case i used following code bytesSent = send( sockfd, "\033E 1\r",sizeof("\033E 1\r"), 0); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kavinsivakumar
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

cannot set user id: Resource temporarily unavailable (not open file/open process related)

First post, sorry to be a bother but this one has been dogging me. I have a process user (java application server) that trips a resource limit every couple weeks and need help finding what limit we're hitting. First, this is what's running: This is the error when jobs are run or the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katahdin
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection

Solaris 10 Server refuse to connect :wall: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable , server unexpectedly unavailable network connection , refuse error, disconnect message, fatal error type2, (protocol error type2) Issue has been resolved after taken few steps :b: First of all need to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: taherahmed
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fork: Resource Temporarily Unavailable

I wrote a script that works most of the time but gave me fork: resource temporarily unavailable some of the time. I restarted my computer and now it runs fine but googling "fork: resource temporarily unavailable" and looking on the forums has not actually helped me figure out what exactly I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: monstrousturtle
3 Replies

8. Programming

[ERROR:Resource temporarily unavailable!] Serial writing by termios library

Hello, I am using the termios library to write data that I get from a Bluetooth device to a modem via serial. The data arrive from the Bluetooth device correctly every 50ms and I have to bypass them on the serial ttyUSB3 where it is connected to a modem connected to a socket with static IP. The... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fork resource unavailable error, max # filehandles open?

I wrote a perl program that simultaneously reads in data from 691 tar.gz files using zcat. I can run one instance of the program without any issues and the memory and swap sizes are negligible. However, when I attempt to run more than 1 I start to get fork: resource unavailable messages. Are... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aquinom85
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi friends, Working on a linux X86-64 bit system, I suddenly started getting this error (mentioned in subject) from various scripts. I googled, found that there are couple of reason which causes this issue. - less memory I am pretty sure, memory seems to be stable on my system and at the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
15 Replies
KNIFE-DATA-BAG(1)						    Chef Manual 						 KNIFE-DATA-BAG(1)

NAME
knife-data-bag - Store arbitrary data on a Chef Server SYNOPSIS
knife data bag sub-command (options) DESCRIPTION
Data bags are stores of arbitrary JSON data. Each data bag is a collection that may contain many items. Data Bag Items are indexed by the Chef Server and can be searched via knife-search(1). Data bags are available to all nodes configured by chef-client(8), and are therefore a convenient mechanism to store global information, such as lists of administrative accounts that should be configured on all hosts. DATA BAG SUB-COMMANDS CREATE
knife data bag create bag name [item id] (options) -s, --secret SECRET A secret key used to encrypt the data bag item. See encryption support below. --secret-file SECRET_FILE The path to a file containing the secret key to be used to encrypt the data bag item. If item id is given, creates a new, empty data bag item and opens it for editing in your editor. The data bag will be created if it does not exist. If item id is not given, the data bag will be created. DELETE
knife data bag delete bag name [item id] (options) Delete a data bag, or an item from a data bag. EDIT
knife data bag edit bag name item id (options) -s, --secret SECRET A secret key used to encrypt the data bag item. See encryption support below. --secret-file SECRET_FILE The path to a file containing the secret key to be used to encrypt the data bag item. Edit an item in a data bag. FROM FILE
knife data bag from file bag name file (options) knife data bag from file bag name file1 file2 file3 (options) knife data bag from file bag name folder (options) -s, --secret SECRET A secret key used to encrypt the data bag item. See encryption support below. --secret-file SECRET_FILE The path to a file containing the secret key to be used to encrypt the data bag item. Load a data bag item from a JSON file. If file is a relative or absolute path to the file, that file will be used. Otherwise, the file parameter is treated as the base name of a data bag file in a Chef repository, and knife will search for the file in ./data_bags/bag_name/file. For example knife data bag from file users dan.json would attempt to load the file ./data_bags/users/dan.json. LIST
knife data bag list (options) -w, --with-uri Show corresponding URIs Lists the data bags that exist on the Chef Server. SHOW
knife data bag show BAG [ITEM] (options) -s, --secret SECRET A secret key used to encrypt the data bag item. See encryption support below. --secret-file SECRET_FILE The path to a file containing the secret key to be used to encrypt the data bag item. Show a specific data bag or an item in a data bag. The output will be formatted according to the --format option. ENCRYPTION SUPPORT
Data Bag Items may be encrypted to keep their contents secret. This may be desireable when storing sensitive information such as database passwords, API keys, etc. Data Bag Item encryption uses the AES-256 CBC symmetric key algorithm. CAVEATS: Keys are not encrypted; only values are encrypted. The "id" of a Data Bag Item is not encrypted, since it is used by Chef Server to store the item in its database. For example, given the following data bag item: {"id": "important_passwords", "secret_password": "opensesame"} The key "secret_password" will be visible to an evesdropper, but the value "opensesame" will be protected. Both the key "id" and its value "important_passwords" will be visible to an evesdropper. Chef Server does not provide a secure mechanism for distributing encryption keys. SEE ALSO
knife-search(1) AUTHOR
Chef was written by Adam Jacob adam@opscode.com with many contributions from the community. DOCUMENTATION
This manual page was written by Joshua Timberman joshua@opscode.com. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and / or modify this docu- ment under the terms of the Apache 2.0 License. CHEF
Knife is distributed with Chef. http://wiki.opscode.com/display/chef/Home Chef 10.12.0 June 2012 KNIFE-DATA-BAG(1)