Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to find in which shell i am working.. Post 302112916 by mona on Sunday 1st of April 2007 10:56:09 PM
Old 04-01-2007
This will give you the current shell
Code:
echo $0

This will give you the login SHELL
Code:
echo $SHELL

These 2 Users Gave Thanks to mona For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command not working

Hi, Having issues with the . parameter in the find command. Issuing "find . -name \*.pl" gives me find: cannot open .: No such device I got it working by substituting . with *, so "find * -name \*.pl" gives the correct listing. bin/test.pl "which find" lists /bin/find. Anybody... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jabrady
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find/if statement not working

Hi guys: I am trying to delete multiple files in a folder with different names. Below is the script that I was trying, but it doesn't work ************************** #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date '+20%y%m%d'` DEL_DIR=<dir where files have to be deleted> let DATE2=$(($DATE - 2)) let DATE1=$(($DATE... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomonap
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where to find a working shell scriptor...without being on UNIX?

Help! I've recently volunteered to start learning UNIX for the company I work for. However as of today, I still have not been granted access to any UNIX box and thus a working Shell. I've been informed that the Editor we will be using is Vi. They have, however, given me access to TONS of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kratka
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command not working

Hi all, find command not working for me in a perticular directory.The same command is working fine in any other directory. Following is the command i issued: find . -type f -print my question is , is it possbile to disable a command only for a perticular directory ??...of course... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panyam
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find and delete not working

Hi, I have a .ksh script which finds all the directories older than 84 days and tries to housekeep. Below is the command used find * -depth -type d -ctime +84 -exec rm -rf {} \; The above command lists all the directories ie child and parent directory in descending order which are more... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: annamalai77
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find with Prune not working

Hi I am trying to list all files in every subdirectory from a given location. However, I realise that 1 folder will have files that I am not interested in. This is using a .csh file to execute I have tried different scripts but to no avail. My current incarnation is below. Would someone be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderbison
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find not working right

if ] then leftarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%p\n" 2>/dev/null)) rightarray=($(find . -type l -printf "%l\n" 2>/dev/null)) for var in "${rightarray}" do maximumarray=`echo "$var" | tr -dc "/" | wc -c | tr -d " "` index=$(($index+1)) done ############# for numbers in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xpukm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find with name not working from crontab

find without -name works fine. find with -name '*' works from interactive bash, but not from cron. mgr@someplace:~$ crontab -l | grep wsl 17 09 * * * /usr/bin/find /wsbj/logs/mgr/webServiceLogs -type f -mtime +30 > /home/mgr/wsl_find.out 17 09 * * * /usr/bin/find /wsbj/logs/mgr/webServiceLogs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarloM
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)