Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show the Difference between two files Post 302110284 by ghostdog74 on Monday 12th of March 2007 12:14:53 AM
Old 03-12-2007
If you have Python and know the language, here's an alternative:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
for line in open("file2"):
    line = line.strip() #get rid of newlines
    name,entry = line.split(' ',1)
    for lin in open("file1"):
        lin = lin.strip()
        if lin.startswith(name):
                for e in entry.split():
                    lin = lin.replace(e , "")
                print "Output: ", lin

output:
Code:
/test # ./test.py
Output:  allan  entry2
Output:  bob  entry2 entry3

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to show files on web page

hello Unix guru i want to show performance results on my internal website . We are manitaing the site through Wiki . I have to add new page in that . can someone help me to write shell script for that .. i want to display files datewise . my files names are starting with date . if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files one file is dependent and it does not show an output

xxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the diff in two files using awk

Hi, How can i use AWK or any other commands to find the difference between 2 files. File A aaa bbb ccc 111 222 File B aaa ccc 111 Output bbb 222 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambit97
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all text files in directories and subdirectories

Hi! I am trying to find all text files in my home directory that contain the string "C-d" so I tyied this : cd ~ find . -type f -exec grep -l "C-d" {} + but it took very long so I tryed this : ls -aR | xargs file |grep text but it didn't descend in the directories and it said :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelamahim
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and show count same content.

$ cat File1 Non HTTP response code:java.net.ConnectException225073X 000000005143329Load time: 402335410224 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException206423X 000000005143330Load time: 402305687161 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException290212X 000000005143331Load time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to show unique strings in two files

how to display the unique strings in two files using shell script or commands. I tried diff and cmp but it shows the entire line, i need only the mismatched strings. File1: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,lilly,lotus white,red,blue,green,pink File2: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,sunflower,lotus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show difference between two number

Hi, I would like to show the difference between two numbers. For example. input.txt 1 7 2 10 0 0 6 7 I would like a third field showing the difference between the numbers as below: ouput.txt 1 7 6 2 10 8 0 0 0 6 7 1 How do I do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to cat multiple files and show filenames?

Hi, Is there any way to do a cat * where it shows the name of each file in the process? Similar to what more does below? $ more ?.sql :::::::::::::: 1.sql :::::::::::::: set linesize 200 select db_unique_name, cast( from_tz( cast(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show 'All Files' If all file can find.

fileset='APP11.txt APP12.txt SPACEDB11.txt WEB11.txt WEB12.txt' Hi there, Give the fileset, if I can use grep to find all the files. How do I show: All Servers: instead of APP11.txt: APP12.txt: SPACEDB11.txt: WEB11.txt: WEB12.txt: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies

10. AIX

Compare two files and show the mismatch columns

I need to compare two files and find the mismatch columns in it for csv and fixed width file. Eg: file1 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 1,a,4,d 2,b,5,e 3,c,6,f file2 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 3,x,7,f 2,y,8,e 1,z,9,d output c2,c3<---- mismatch columname a,4 x,7 b,5 or y,8 Ok with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabzR
3 Replies
nmapsi4(1)						      General Commands Manual							nmapsi4(1)

NAME
nmapsi4 - A Qt4 interface for nmap SYNOPSIS
nmapsi4 [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [File] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the nmapsi4 QT Application. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. nmapsi4 is a full-featured interface for the nmap(1) security network scanner. OPTIONS
Arguments: File(s) file(s) to open General Options --help Show help about options --help-qt Show Qt specific options --help-kde Show KDE specific options --help-all Show all options --author Show author information -v, --version Show version information --license Show license information -- End of options This manual page was prepared by Francesco Cecconi <francesco.cecconi@gmail.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
If the khelpcenter program is properly installed at your site, the command khelpcenter help:/nmapsi4 should give you access to the complete manual. Alternatively the manual can be browsed in konqueror giving it the URL help:/nmapsi4 QT Application April 25, 2007 nmapsi4(1)