Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show the Difference between two files Post 302110283 by Perderabo on Monday 12th of March 2007 12:04:28 AM
Old 03-12-2007
Are the two files guaranteed to have the same number of lines? So if a bob line is in one file it is also in the other? Are the records in the same sequence in both files?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to show files on web page

hello Unix guru i want to show performance results on my internal website . We are manitaing the site through Wiki . I have to add new page in that . can someone help me to write shell script for that .. i want to display files datewise . my files names are starting with date . if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files one file is dependent and it does not show an output

xxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the diff in two files using awk

Hi, How can i use AWK or any other commands to find the difference between 2 files. File A aaa bbb ccc 111 222 File B aaa ccc 111 Output bbb 222 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambit97
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all text files in directories and subdirectories

Hi! I am trying to find all text files in my home directory that contain the string "C-d" so I tyied this : cd ~ find . -type f -exec grep -l "C-d" {} + but it took very long so I tryed this : ls -aR | xargs file |grep text but it didn't descend in the directories and it said :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelamahim
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and show count same content.

$ cat File1 Non HTTP response code:java.net.ConnectException225073X 000000005143329Load time: 402335410224 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException206423X 000000005143330Load time: 402305687161 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException290212X 000000005143331Load time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to show unique strings in two files

how to display the unique strings in two files using shell script or commands. I tried diff and cmp but it shows the entire line, i need only the mismatched strings. File1: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,lilly,lotus white,red,blue,green,pink File2: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,sunflower,lotus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show difference between two number

Hi, I would like to show the difference between two numbers. For example. input.txt 1 7 2 10 0 0 6 7 I would like a third field showing the difference between the numbers as below: ouput.txt 1 7 6 2 10 8 0 0 0 6 7 1 How do I do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to cat multiple files and show filenames?

Hi, Is there any way to do a cat * where it shows the name of each file in the process? Similar to what more does below? $ more ?.sql :::::::::::::: 1.sql :::::::::::::: set linesize 200 select db_unique_name, cast( from_tz( cast(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show 'All Files' If all file can find.

fileset='APP11.txt APP12.txt SPACEDB11.txt WEB11.txt WEB12.txt' Hi there, Give the fileset, if I can use grep to find all the files. How do I show: All Servers: instead of APP11.txt: APP12.txt: SPACEDB11.txt: WEB11.txt: WEB12.txt: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies

10. AIX

Compare two files and show the mismatch columns

I need to compare two files and find the mismatch columns in it for csv and fixed width file. Eg: file1 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 1,a,4,d 2,b,5,e 3,c,6,f file2 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 3,x,7,f 2,y,8,e 1,z,9,d output c2,c3<---- mismatch columname a,4 x,7 b,5 or y,8 Ok with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabzR
3 Replies
nfexpire(1)															       nfexpire(1)

NAME
nfanon - netflow anonymisation SYNOPSIS
nfanon [options] DESCRIPTION
nfanon is used to anonymise all IP addresses ( src, dst, next hop, router IP etc. ) in the netflow records using the CryptoPAn (Cryptogra- phy-based Prefix-preserving Anonymization) module. The key -K is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. The key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/cryptopan/ for more information about CryptoPAn. nfanon has several modes of operation. o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M and anonymises the flows in the given files. The input file arguments have the same syntax and meaning as nfdump(1). o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M. All anonymised flows are written to a single file specified by -w. o nfanon works as filter and reads flows from stding and writes the anonymised flows to stdout. OPTIONS
-r inputfile Read input data from inputfile. Default is read from stdin. -R expr Read input from a sequence of files in the same directory. expr may be one of: /any/dir Read recursively all files in directory dir. /dir/file Read all files beginning with file. /dir/file1:file2 Read all files from file1 to file2. Note: files are read in alphabetical sequence. -M expr Read input from multiple directories. expr looks like: /any/path/to/dir1:dir2:dir3 etc. and will be expanded to the directories: /any/path/to/dir1, /any/path/to/dir2 and /any/path/to/dir3 Any number of colon separated directories may be given. The files to read are specified by -r or -R and are expected to exist in all the given directories. The options -r and -R must not contain any directory part when used in conjunction with -M. -w outputfile If specified writes anonymised netflow records to outputfile. -K key The key is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 No error. 255 Initialization failed. 250 Internal error. NOTES
None. SEE ALSO
nfdump(1) BUGS
2009-09-09 nfexpire(1)