Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Show the Difference between two files Post 302110280 by dennis.jacob on Sunday 11th of March 2007 11:36:34 PM
Old 03-12-2007
Hi,

First, I am not very clear about the way you explained the content of two files and the sample output.Very sorry abt that.

But you can do file comparison using "comm" or "diff" or "cmp" commands...

Thnx
Dennis

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to show files on web page

hello Unix guru i want to show performance results on my internal website . We are manitaing the site through Wiki . I have to add new page in that . can someone help me to write shell script for that .. i want to display files datewise . my files names are starting with date . if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepa20
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Two files one file is dependent and it does not show an output

xxxxx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayrao
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show the diff in two files using awk

Hi, How can i use AWK or any other commands to find the difference between 2 files. File A aaa bbb ccc 111 222 File B aaa ccc 111 Output bbb 222 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gambit97
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show all text files in directories and subdirectories

Hi! I am trying to find all text files in my home directory that contain the string "C-d" so I tyied this : cd ~ find . -type f -exec grep -l "C-d" {} + but it took very long so I tryed this : ls -aR | xargs file |grep text but it didn't descend in the directories and it said :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelamahim
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and show count same content.

$ cat File1 Non HTTP response code:java.net.ConnectException225073X 000000005143329Load time: 402335410224 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException206423X 000000005143330Load time: 402305687161 Non HTTP response code: ava.net.ConnectException290212X 000000005143331Load time:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to show unique strings in two files

how to display the unique strings in two files using shell script or commands. I tried diff and cmp but it shows the entire line, i need only the mismatched strings. File1: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,lilly,lotus white,red,blue,green,pink File2: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,sunflower,lotus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show difference between two number

Hi, I would like to show the difference between two numbers. For example. input.txt 1 7 2 10 0 0 6 7 I would like a third field showing the difference between the numbers as below: ouput.txt 1 7 6 2 10 8 0 0 0 6 7 1 How do I do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: general_lee
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to cat multiple files and show filenames?

Hi, Is there any way to do a cat * where it shows the name of each file in the process? Similar to what more does below? $ more ?.sql :::::::::::::: 1.sql :::::::::::::: set linesize 200 select db_unique_name, cast( from_tz( cast(... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Show 'All Files' If all file can find.

fileset='APP11.txt APP12.txt SPACEDB11.txt WEB11.txt WEB12.txt' Hi there, Give the fileset, if I can use grep to find all the files. How do I show: All Servers: instead of APP11.txt: APP12.txt: SPACEDB11.txt: WEB11.txt: WEB12.txt: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
6 Replies

10. AIX

Compare two files and show the mismatch columns

I need to compare two files and find the mismatch columns in it for csv and fixed width file. Eg: file1 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 1,a,4,d 2,b,5,e 3,c,6,f file2 c1,c2,c3,c4<----columnname 3,x,7,f 2,y,8,e 1,z,9,d output c2,c3<---- mismatch columname a,4 x,7 b,5 or y,8 Ok with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabzR
3 Replies
RDSWAP(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RDSWAP(1)

["NAME"]
       rdswap - a multi-language RD documents support tool

["SYNOPSIS"]
       rdswap [ -h | -v ] filename ...

["DESCRIPTION"]
       This tool is written to support you to write multi-language documents using the Ruby-Document-Format (RD).

The idea for such a tool was originated by Minero Aoki, how has thought about, how to make life easier for developers who have to write and
       maintain scripts in more than one language.

You have to specify at least two filenames on the command line. One containing the Ruby script, the second containing a translated  RD.	If
       the  script  does  not  end  with `.rb', it has to be the first filename mentioned on the command line! In opposition, all files containing
       translations must not ending with `.rb'! They should use a extension that describes the language. So that would give us the following  pic-
       ture:

o sample.rb : Script contains the original documentation.

o sample.jp : Documentation written in Japanese.

o sample.de : Translation to German.

The  tool doesn't care about the language extensions. You can name them as you like! So the file containing the Japanese translation above,
       could also be names e.g. `sample.japan' or even `japantranslation.japan'.

For every translation file, a new file will be created. The name is build from the script filename plus the language extension. So  regard-
       ing the example above, following files would be created:

o sample.rb.jp

o sample.rb.de

or, given the alternative translation filename as mentioned above...

o sample.rb.japan

["How does it work?"]
       The  contents  of all files will be split into source and RD blocks. The source of the translation files, will be discarded! Every RD block
       may be of a certain type. The type will be taken from the contents directly following the `=begin' on the same line. If	there  is  only  a
       lonely `=begin' on a line by itself, the type of the block is `nil'. That means in
	   # File sample.rd
	   :
	   =begin
	    bla bla
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin whatever or not
	    blub blub
	   =end
	   :

the first block would be of type `nil' and the second one of type `whatever or not'.

Block  types  are  important for the translation. If a source will be generated from a script and a translation file, only these blocks are
       taken from the translation files, that comes in the right sequence and contains the same type as the block in the script! For example:
	   # File sample.rb
	   :
	   =begin gnark
	    Some comment
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 2
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    block 3
	   =end
	   :

# File sample.de
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block zwei
	   =end
	   :
	   =begin
	    Block drei
	   =end
	   :

Here, the first block of `sample.rb' will *not* be translated, as there is no translation block with that type in sample.de! So	the  first
       block  would  be  inserted as-it-is into the translated script. The blocks afterwards, however, are translated as the block type does match
       (it is `nil' there).

Attention: In a translation file, a second block will only be used, if a first one was already used (matched). A third block will  only	be
       used, if a second one was used already!

That  means,  if the first block of `sample.de' would be of type e.g. `Never match', then no block would ever be taken to replace anyone of
       `sample.rb'.

["OPTIONS"]
       ["-h"]
	      shows this help text.

["-v"]
	      shows some more text during processing.

["filename"]
	      means a file, that contains RD and/or Ruby code.

["EXAMPLES"]
	   rdswap -v sample.rb sample.ja sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.rb sample.de
	   rdswap -v sample.ja sample.de sample.rb
	   rdswap -v sample.??

["AUTHORS"]
       Clemens Hintze <c.hintze@gmx.net>.

June 2012								 RDSWAP(1)