Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris BSM log software
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris BSM log software Post 302108261 by auditd on Sunday 25th of February 2007 04:05:00 PM
Old 02-25-2007
If there is enough interest we might backport it to Solaris 9, but there are sooo many other things we have to finish before we can look into that...

Last edited by reborg; 02-25-2007 at 07:06 PM.. Reason: adverts not allowed.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to write to Solaris BSM log

I have a C program and want to write messages to a log. BSM is being used for O/S auditing. Can I write my messages to the BSM log? If so, how do I do that? I'm not finding any API's for that. Any URLs, samples, guidance would be appreciated. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JDO
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris BSM and Auditing

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum so I am sorry if i posted this thread in the wrong place. I am currently trying to get BSM to work on solaris 10 by Logging few things for me. I need your help to complete this task please. this is the config of the audit files: audit_conto # Copyright... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: skywalker850i
18 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris BSM audit log

I got a lot of this message in my /var/audit log how can I exclude this message? header,127,2,invalid event number,fe,hostsol1.com.sg,2007-12-21 00:10:01.001 +08:00,argument,1,0x5,processor ID,argument ,2,0x3,flag,text,P_STATUS,subject,zhang1,root,root,root,root,18228,576129155,291 131094... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geoffry
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

audit user in BSM/C2 Log

Hi, I keep encountering events in the BSM/C2 logs which shows that the audit-user who performed the event is the user (e.g. ongkk in the example below). However, the user is able to show me that he wasn't logged in at that time nor have the rights to perform the event (e.g. su in this example).... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BERNIELEE68
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris Software

Does anyone know of any other place to download Solaris 9 packages other than Oracle's website. I'm looking to setup Solaris 9 containers and needing package SUNWs9brandk. I don't have a account with Oracle to allow me to download this package. I'm using a Solaris 10 server update 9. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
1 Replies

6. Solaris

BSM auditing

Hi , I don't want logs from a particular "library" to get recorded in the audit.log file. Is that possible with BSM? Please guide. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinchao
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Needs some orientation on BSM/auditing

New to Solaris in general (coming from a RHEL background) I'm trying to enable auditing on the system with the following in /etc/security/audit_control: But there are two areas where it seems to break with expected behavior (maybe it's poor expectations on my part): 1) it seems to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

8. Solaris

BSM not catching creat64

Solaris 9 system: I'm trying to get BSM to record to the point where additional files being put into /etc/opt/csw/sudoers.d will be recorded but thus far all I'm able to get are when files are deleted (via unlink). I've even tried auditing based on the "all" audit flag temporarily (thinking I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How can I read Solaris BSM log?

Hi all, I'm trying to read Solaris BSM log in user friendly form. Found old tools including bsmparser java tool and php code. But none of them working. What are you using for parsing BSM log? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
2 Replies
IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)						   USER COMMANDS						IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)

NAME
ibv_rc_pingpong - simple InfiniBand RC transport test SYNOPSIS
ibv_rc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] HOSTNAME ibv_rc_pingpong [-p port] [-d device] [-i ib port] [-s size] [-r rx depth] [-n iters] [-l sl] [-e] DESCRIPTION
Run a simple ping-pong test over InfiniBand via the reliable connected (RC) transport. OPTIONS
-p, --port=PORT use TCP port PORT for initial synchronization (default 18515) -d, --ib-dev=DEVICE use IB device DEVICE (default first device found) -i, --ib-port=PORT use IB port PORT (default port 1) -s, --size=SIZE ping-pong messages of size SIZE (default 4096) -r, --rx-depth=DEPTH post DEPTH receives at a time (default 1000) -n, --iters=ITERS perform ITERS message exchanges (default 1000) -l, --sl=SL use SL as the service level value of the QP (default 0) -e, --events sleep while waiting for work completion events (default is to poll for completions) SEE ALSO
ibv_uc_pingpong(1), ibv_ud_pingpong(1), ibv_srq_pingpong(1) AUTHORS
Roland Dreier <rolandd@cisco.com> BUGS
The network synchronization between client and server instances is weak, and does not prevent incompatible options from being used on the two instances. The method used for retrieving work completions is not strictly correct, and race conditions may cause failures on some systems. libibverbs August 30, 2005 IBV_RC_PINGPONG(1)