Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse FTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse FTP Post 302108026 by ganesh123 on Thursday 22nd of February 2007 12:04:24 PM
Old 02-22-2007
Thank you awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Display

I need to display a line in an xterm window but i want to revese the colors so that the background color becomes the foreground color and the foreground color the background color. I want to do this as part of ksh script. Can somebody tell me how to do this ? Thanks, Abu. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcose
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

reverse lookup again

our server (solaris, bind v 8.1.2) is suppose to be the authoritive or the master and our isp's server is suppose be the secondary. i've created a reverse lookup zone file and added an entry for it in my named.conf file. i've restarted the dns daemon and i don't have any errors in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Westy564
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Reverse lookup

Help having problems accesing various sites that require me to be a registered .gov domain. My IP is a registered as an .gov but my nameserver record has changed on my DNS configurartion(I don't know why) from something.gov to somethingelse.gov. Same IP, though. When a reverse lookup is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpalmer320
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string in reverse

Can we print any string in reverse order? For example: oracle 16294 1 0 Aug 11 ? 0:00 ora_reco_crepd oracle 16276 1 0 Aug 11 ? 0:19 ora_dbw0_crepd I need second last column from this output. (0:00 & 0:19). I can use awk print $2 after reversing the string. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse lookup

hey guys, can anybody help me out here on the following: grep '^\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}$' ravi.txt mary.txt lisa.txt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif i.e what i did was found ip addreses from different files and then i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravis83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reverse file

i am using AIX -ksh how can i reverse any file ,i have already try tac cmd it is not in AIX: please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reverse a string

Hi All, I would like to know , how to reverse a given string example : Hi how are you Required Output: you are how HiThanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshks
7 Replies
TZSELECT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       TZSELECT(8)

NAME
tzselect - select a time zone SYNOPSIS
tzselect DESCRIPTION
The tzselect program asks the user for information about the current location, and outputs the resulting time zone description to standard output. The output is suitable as a value for the TZ environment variable. All interaction with the user is done via standard input and standard error. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
AWK Name of a Posix-compliant awk program (default: awk). TZDIR Name of the directory containing time zone data files (default: /usr/local/etc/zoneinfo). FILES
TZDIR/iso3166.tab Table of ISO 3166 2-letter country codes and country names. TZDIR/zone.tab Table of country codes, latitude and longitude, TZ values, and descriptive comments. TZDIR/TZ Time zone data file for time zone TZ. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is zero if a time zone was successfully obtained from the user, nonzero otherwise. SEE ALSO
newctime(3), tzfile(5), zdump(8), zic(8) TZSELECT(8)