Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Reverse FTP
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reverse FTP Post 302108020 by awk on Thursday 22nd of February 2007 11:47:06 AM
Old 02-22-2007
$!/bin/ksh

ftp <destination machine ID> <<END_SCRIPT
cd <whatever directory>
get <filename>
quit
END_SCRIPT

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reverse Display

I need to display a line in an xterm window but i want to revese the colors so that the background color becomes the foreground color and the foreground color the background color. I want to do this as part of ksh script. Can somebody tell me how to do this ? Thanks, Abu. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcose
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

reverse lookup again

our server (solaris, bind v 8.1.2) is suppose to be the authoritive or the master and our isp's server is suppose be the secondary. i've created a reverse lookup zone file and added an entry for it in my named.conf file. i've restarted the dns daemon and i don't have any errors in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Westy564
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

Reverse lookup

Help having problems accesing various sites that require me to be a registered .gov domain. My IP is a registered as an .gov but my nameserver record has changed on my DNS configurartion(I don't know why) from something.gov to somethingelse.gov. Same IP, though. When a reverse lookup is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpalmer320
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse *

when I do $ ls z* List of all files begining with 'z'. But what if I want to do a reverse lookup. Just for interest sake ;) $ ls ztr should be same as $ ls ztr* $ ls zt* $ ls z* (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: azmathshaikh
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

string in reverse

Can we print any string in reverse order? For example: oracle 16294 1 0 Aug 11 ? 0:00 ora_reco_crepd oracle 16276 1 0 Aug 11 ? 0:19 ora_dbw0_crepd I need second last column from this output. (0:00 & 0:19). I can use awk print $2 after reversing the string. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaymaru
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse an integer

i have created a script that will reverse any given ineter. #!/bin/ksh echo "Enter the number" read n if then a=`expr $n / 10` b=`expr $n % 10` c=`expr $b \* 10 + $a` fi echo $c --------------------------------------------------------------------- the problem with this script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse lookup

hey guys, can anybody help me out here on the following: grep '^\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}\.\{1,3\}$' ravi.txt mary.txt lisa.txt https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif i.e what i did was found ip addreses from different files and then i want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravis83
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to reverse file

i am using AIX -ksh how can i reverse any file ,i have already try tac cmd it is not in AIX: please help me out. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse output?

hi, I have to reverse the command output like below: output: online offline disable maintening killed How to reverse this output like: killed maintening disable offline online It should be ksh script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To reverse a string

Hi All, I would like to know , how to reverse a given string example : Hi how are you Required Output: you are how HiThanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhoshks
7 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/ksh93 /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/ksh93 /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/sfw/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. NOTES
Restricted shells should not be listed in /etc/shells. SunOS 5.11 1 Nov 2007 getusershell(3C)