Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SOlaris OS
Operating Systems Solaris SOlaris OS Post 302107471 by colinux on Saturday 17th of February 2007 07:31:31 AM
Old 02-17-2007
Erm.........yea bit too much info.

Solaris 8 is solaris 2.8 and sunos 5.8

Soilaris 9 is solaris 2.9 & sunos 5.9

same things...

try uname -a

xxxx:/export/home/xxxxxx> uname -a
SunOS xxxxxxx 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
xxxx:/export/home/xxxxxx>

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
COMPAT_SUNOS(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   COMPAT_SUNOS(8)

NAME
compat_sunos -- setup procedure for m68k, sparc and sparc64 architectures DESCRIPTION
NetBSD/sparc64, NetBSD/sparc and some of the NetBSD/m68k architectures can run SunOS executables. Most executables will work. The exceptions include programs that use the SunOS kvm library, and various system calls, ioctl()'s, or kernel semantics that are difficult to emulate. The number of reasons why a program might fail to work is (thankfully) longer than the number of programs that fail to run. Static executables will normally run without any extra setup. This procedure details the directories and files that must be set up to allow dynamically linked executables to work. The files you need are on your SunOS machine. You need to worry about the legal issues of ensuring that you have a right to use the required files on your machine. On your NetBSD machine, do the following: 1. mkdir -p /emul/sunos/usr/lib /emul/sunos/usr/5lib 2. cp SunOS:/usr/lib/lib*.so.*.* NetBSD:/emul/sunos/usr/lib 3. cp SunOS:/usr/5lib/lib*.so.*.* NetBSD:/emul/sunos/usr/5lib 4. cp SunOS:/usr/lib/ld.so NetBSD:/emul/sunos/usr/lib/ld.so 5. If you ever expect to use YP, you will want to create a link: ln -s /var/run/ypbind.lock /etc/ypbind.lock Alternatively, you can use an NFS mount to accomplish the same effect. On your NetBSD machine, do the following: 1. mkdir -p /emul/sunos/usr 2. mount SunOS:/usr /emul/sunos/usr This will place the SunOS libraries on your NetBSD machine in a location where the SunOS compatibility code will look for first, where they do not conflict with the standard libraries. NOTES
When using compat_sunos on NetBSD/sparc64, the COMPAT_NETBSD32 option must also be used. BUGS
A list of things which fail to work in compatibility mode should be here. SunOS executables can not handle directory offset cookies > 32 bits. Should such an offset occur, you will see the message ``sunos_getdents: dir offset too large for emulated program''. Currently, this can only happen on NFS mounted filesystems, mounted from servers that return offsets with information in the upper 32 bits. These errors should rarely happen, but can be avoided by mounting this filesystem with offset translation enabled. See the -X option to mount_nfs(8). The -2 option to mount_nfs(8) will also have the desired effect, but is less preferable. The NetBSD/sparc64 support is less complete than the other ports. BSD
February 3, 2001 BSD