Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File Archive Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting File Archive Script Post 302107263 by dsravan on Thursday 15th of February 2007 04:53:30 PM
Old 02-15-2007
question

The first step itself is getting all the files older than 2 days. Why should we use grep here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to archive file

Hi All, I am trying to archive a file. I have the script to archive a file which is given below: #! /usr/bin/sh INITFILE="US_Recon" INITDIR="/var/opt/l2/CSN1/ap21" TMPDIR="/var/opt/sap2bn/out/CSN1/ap21/tmp" ARCHDIR="/var/opt/l2/CSN1/ap21" FINALDIR="/var/opt/sap2bn/out/CSN1/ap21"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic Shell Script to Archive a file

Would appreciate if any one can paste a generic schell script to archive a file with date stamp by passing the file with fullpath as parameter For Eg. /apps/scripts/Archive_File.sh /data_home/project_home/file.txt this should place the file in the following directory ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak1600
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive script

hi guru, can advise how to construct a housekeeping script using perl for the following ? find /var/tmp/logs -name "si*" -type f -exec gzip -f {} \; find /var/tmp/logs -name "*.gz" -type f -exec mv -f {} /var/tmp/log \; I found out those are not working in shell at when put them on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script help .. archive

Hi All We have a landing directory where source system puts files.There are variable number of files and the file names are also varying.Each files successful transmission is identified by a .done file.If file name is xyz.dat then the confirmation file will be xyz.dat.done. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dr46014
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help archive script

Hi all, I am new to linux and scripting so please forgive me. I need to create a script that will archive files but the max size of the archive need to be 500mb or under. I know about the archiving with parts but i want all the archives as individual archives. Can anyone point me in the correct... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: craig0
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for moving 3 days old file to Archive Folder

Hi Experts, I have a "Source" folder which may contain some files. I need a shell script which should move all files which are older than 3 days to "Archive" folder. Thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Archive the data file after the load

I have written a perl scripts which loads the data. Now i want to modify the script, to Archive the Input file after the successful load of data. Can anyone please share it and help me .... Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msrahman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create archive and nil the content of log file using script

Plese help I need a urgent requirement. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log) file to 0 kb and then in the archive folder log files are name to test.tar test1.tar test2.tar EX: /home/abc/ test.log ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to archive logs and sftp to another archive server

Requirement: Under fuse application we have placeholders called containers; Every container has their logs under: <container1>/data/log/fuse.log <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.1 <container1>/data/log/fuse.log.XX <container2>/data/log/fuse.log... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arjun Goswami
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)