Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script to mount filesystem Post 302106995 by blowtorch on Tuesday 13th of February 2007 06:42:09 PM
Old 02-13-2007
I checked some of my systems, and the only filesystem that I found with a mount at boot set to no is '/' itself. All other systems that are mounted are set to yes. About your filesystem, it could be that someone has mounted the filesystem manually after the system has booted.
About the fsck value, to be honest, I am not sure what the effect of changing the values would be, but conventionally, the value is set to 1 for '/' and 2 for all other filesystems.
It might be that fscking the / at one pass, then proceeding to boot and fscking the other filesystems at a later pass speeds up the boot process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount nfs filesystem

I try to share a directory from a wortstation to a server. the share command was no problem. Solaris 8 on mars share -F nfs -o rw /dir/dir2 on the server mount mars:/dir/dir2 /mount_point RPC: Program not registered <--- What is the meaning of this ? Thanks for you help ! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a Filesystem

I want help about mount a filesystem to use a cdrom to install a software that be in the cd cdrom.. you can send a mail ::removed emails:: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amauryrgrullon
5 Replies

3. Linux

how to mount ntfs filesystem

:) Hi frds ..i hope i can get some help for this.. I am unable to mount ntfs/hpfs file system which contain my XP o/s. As per the information collected on net i found tht my kernel i.e 2.4.xx does not support ntfs ..? Now I dont knwo where to get upgraded kernel and how to deploy it ..can anyone... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicknihal
0 Replies

4. Linux

How to mount a filesystem of one pc in another pc that are connected in a network?

Hi, I have a software in one of the pcs connected in the network and I need to mount that file system in my PC. Both the pcs have Linux installed. Please let me know how can we achieve this. Any pointers would be of great help. Thanks & Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesh_sasi
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Mount /usr as a separate filesystem

Hi All, I have mount /usr directory as a seperate filesystem.The /usr directory includedd in / root file system.I have to mount it as seperate. Please Help me, Thanks and Regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Mount old zfs filesystem

Hey all, I have a machine with 16 drive slots. Two of the drives have a ZFS mirror of the operating system, the other 14 contain the storage raidz. So, after installing Opensolaris on the OS drives, how can I remount the storage raid? TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystem alert shell script not working!!

Hi All, My below shell script is not capturing %used value in the filesystem alert in the subject of the mail alert: #!/bin/bash export DBALIST="abc@xyz.com" df -k /oradata/xyz/archive > dfk.result archive_capacity=`awk -F" " '{ print $5 }' dfk.result|grep -i %| cut -c 1-4` if ] then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
5 Replies

8. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't mount filesystem

I have 2 Linux servers. rcwlo-ods10g and rcwlo-10gdev I can mount one filesystem from rcwlo-ods10g onto rcwlo-10gdev fine: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/SAN /backup but when I try another one I get: RCWLO-10gDev:/ # mount -F rcwlo-ods10g:/backup /backup mount:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
0 Replies

10. Solaris

OpenIndiana: Can't mount ext2 filesystem

I have oi_151a7 and installed from sfe fuse-ext, libfuse and e2fsprogs. Mount e.g. # mount -F ext2fs /dev/dsk/c4t0d0p1 /mnt returns "mount: Operation not applicable to FSType ext2fs" and $ fuse-ext2 /dev/dsk/c4t0d0p1 ~/tmp/a/ does not output anything but the filesystem seems not to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsdx
3 Replies
NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)						File Formats Manual					     NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)

NAME
/etc/netscript/network.conf - interface, firewalling, and QoS configuration file. /etc/netscript/if.conf - interface setup shell script file /etc/netscript/qos.conf - QoS setup shell script file /etc/netscript/ipfilter.conf - IP chains filtering shell script file /etc/netscript/srvfilter.conf - server IP filter shell script file DESCRIPTION
This manpage is a place holder until something better is written when the netscript itself has stopped changing rapidly. Please see the README file in the /etc/netscript directory, and READ the configuration files if you need to change them. Apart from net- work.conf, all of them contain sh (1) shell script functions which are there so that various things can be altered or hooked in at the right place. Network.conf contains the full network setup details, including special interface setup for the likes of ciped/pppd/wanconfig, and is fully commented with examples given. UPGRADE PATH FROM KERNEL 2.2.X The firewall/IP filtering stuff in ipfilter.conf is the part that changed radically with the move to iptables and a far better way of set- ting up the IP filtering rules, however the QoS and interface startup/shutdown in if.conf have changed but are backwards compatible with the old 2.2.x ipchains version of netscript for the interface address configuration settings. You will have to set up the filtering again to use iptables by directly using the iptables commands. Also, the kernel 2.2.x version scripts are set up so that iptables is only run on a 2.4.x kernel, otherwise IP forwarding is disabled if beforehand you set IPFWDING_KERNEL to FILTER_ON in network.conf. This means that when you upgrade a box to a 2.4.x router kernel, you should then be able to reboot it and log into remotely and upgrade netscript to the version that will support 2.4.x. In this situation, if you have set old IPFWDING_KERNEL setting to FILTER_ON beforehand in network.conf, all IP forwarding through the box will also be disabled. This means that you can safely remotely upgrade a firewall. SEE ALSO
netscript(8), ipchains(8), iproute(8), brcfg(8). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Matthew Grant <grantma@anathoth.gen.nz>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). BUGS
The author is lazy. He needs to write btter man pages... November 23, 2000 NETSCRIPT-2.2.conf(5)