Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zip
Operating Systems Solaris Zip Post 302106669 by dreams5617 on Sunday 11th of February 2007 05:33:04 PM
Old 02-11-2007
MySQL Zip

Hi

In unix i want to zip the files in a directory excluding *.dmp, *.log, *.lst, *.out files in that directory. pls let me know what command to use.
$zip ........ ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip Problems

How can i zip all files in a directory is they have no extensions on the files, Zip cannot see them. Please Help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chapmana
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unzip .zip file and list the files included in the .zip archive

Hello, I am trying to return the name of the resulting file from a .zip archive file using unix unzip command. unzip c07212007.cef7081.zip Archive: c07212007.cef7081.zip SecureZIP for z/OS by PKWARE inflating: CEP/CEM7080/PPVBILL/PASS/G0063V00 I used the following command to unzip in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oracledev
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on zip

if you have a file that is zipped and has various files within can you add a file to this at all? i.e. ZIP folder called logs.zip - contains files zip1, zip2, zip3 need to add build.zip (contains file zip4) to logs.zip so logs.zip will now look like this - zip1.zip2.zip3,zip4? can this be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip command (zip folder doesn't include a folder of the same name)

Hi guys, I have a question about the zip command. Right now I have a directory with some files and folders on it that I want to compress. When I run the zip command: zip foo -r I am getting a foo.zip file that once I unzip it contains a foo folder. I want to create the foo.zip, but that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elioncho
1 Replies

5. AIX

ZIP multiple files and also specify size of zip file

I have to zip many pdf files and the size of zip file must not exceed 200 MB. When size is more than 200 MB then multiple zip files needs to be created. How we can achieve this in UNIX? I have tried ZIP utility but it takes a lot of time when we add individual pdfs by looping through a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tom007
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a file with .zip extension.

Hi, I need to zip a .dat file with .zip extension. I tried using the "zip" command. But shell says. "ksh: zip: not found" Currently I am using gunzip to zip and changing the extension ".gz" to ".zip" as follows. mv $file `echo $file | sed 's/\(.*\.\)gz/\1zip/'` But when I tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aeroticman
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zip file inside Zip file(s)

I've a zip file called Z00.zip and in that file there are 22 more zip files. Each zip file having .txt files nearly 10,000 files. I am trying to unzip all these .txt files in one command line to unzip each .zip file from Z00.zip file. Would like to know whether possible to unzip all sub-zip files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip Multiple files to One .zip file in AIX system

Hi I have a requirement in unix shell where I need to zip multiple files on server to one single .zip file. I dont see zip command in AIX and gzip command not doing completely what I want. One I do .zip file, I should be able to unzip in my local Computer. Here is example what I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAMA PULI
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can we Zip multiple files created on the same date into one single zip file.?

Hi all i am very new to shell scripting and need some help from you to learn 1)i have some log files that gets generated on daily basis example: i have abc_2017_01_30_1.log ,2017_01_30_2.log like wise so i want to zip this 4 logs which are created on same date into one zip folder. 2)Post zipping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: b.saipriyanka
1 Replies
Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)

NAME
Archive::Zip::MemberRead - A wrapper that lets you read Zip archive members as if they were files. SYNOPSIS
use Archive::Zip; use Archive::Zip::MemberRead; $zip = Archive::Zip->new("file.zip"); $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "subdir/abc.txt"); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { print $fh->input_line_number . "#: $line "; } $read = $fh->read($buffer, 32*1024); print "Read $read bytes as :$buffer: "; DESCRIPTION
The Archive::Zip::MemberRead module lets you read Zip archive member data just like you read data from files. METHODS
Archive::Zip::Member::readFileHandle() You can get a "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" from an archive member by calling "readFileHandle()": my $member = $zip->memberNamed('abc/def.c'); my $fh = $member->readFileHandle(); while (defined($line = $fh->getline())) { # ... } $fh->close(); Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $fileName) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, $member) Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($member) Construct a new Archive::Zip::MemberRead on the specified member. my $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, 'fred.c') setLineEnd(expr) Set the line end character to use. This is set to by default except on Windows systems where it is set to . You will only need to set this on systems which are not Windows or Unix based and require a line end diffrent from . This is a class method so call as "Archive::Zip::MemberRead"->"setLineEnd($nl)" rewind() Rewinds an "Archive::Zip::MemberRead" so that you can read from it again starting at the beginning. input_record_separator(expr) If the argumnet is given, input_record_separator for this instance is set to it. The current setting (which may be the global $/) is always returned. input_line_number() Returns the current line number, but only if you're using "getline()". Using "read()" will not update the line number. close() Closes the given file handle. buffer_size([ $size ]) Gets or sets the buffer size used for reads. Default is the chunk size used by Archive::Zip. getline() Returns the next line from the currently open member. Makes sense only for text files. A read error is considered fatal enough to die. Returns undef on eof. All subsequent calls would return undef, unless a rewind() is called. Note: The line returned has the input_record_separator (default: newline) removed. read($buffer, $num_bytes_to_read) Simulates a normal "read()" system call. Returns the no. of bytes read. "undef" on error, 0 on eof, e.g.: $fh = Archive::Zip::MemberRead->new($zip, "sreeji/secrets.bin"); while (1) { $read = $fh->read($buffer, 1024); die "FATAL ERROR reading my secrets ! " if (!defined($read)); last if (!$read); # Do processing. .... } AUTHOR
Sreeji K. Das, <sreeji_k@yahoo.com> See Archive::Zip by Ned Konz without which this module does not make any sense! Minor mods by Ned Konz. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002 Sreeji K. Das. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2009-06-30 Archive::Zip::MemberRead(3)