Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to print a specific page
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to print a specific page Post 302105238 by randomcz on Wednesday 31st of January 2007 01:20:49 PM
Old 01-31-2007
What if there is a page feed embeded?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print multi page to one for pdf in unix??

I need help on printing PS and PDF file. I find it will waste a lot of paper if I print every pages. So I want to print multipage into one. But I forgot how to do it in unix. Anyone help me!!! :D ;) :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunartio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print job seperator page

How do I get my linux login ID to print on seperator page on print jobs. Right now it prints " Remote User" thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Specific lines when found specific character

Hello all, I have thousand file input like this: file1: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ UERT | TTYH | TAFE | FRFG |$$ $$______|______|________|______|$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ 1 | DISK | TR1311 | 1 |$$ $$ 1 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print with awk specific field different from specific character?

Hello, i need help with awk. I have this file: cat number DirB port 67 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 71 er_enc_out 56 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 74 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 75 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple specific column after a specific word?

Hello.... Pls help me (and sorry my english) :) So I have a file (test.txt) with 1 long line.... for example: isgc jsfh udgf osff 8462 error iwzr 653 idchisfb isfbisfb sihfjfeb isfhsi gcz eifh How to print after the "error" word the 2nd 4th 5th and 7th word?? output well be: 653 isfbisfb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvinandco
2 Replies
XML::Feed(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    XML::Feed(3pm)

NAME
XML::Feed - Syndication feed parser and auto-discovery SYNOPSIS
use XML::Feed; my $feed = XML::Feed->parse(URI->new('http://example.com/atom.xml')) or die XML::Feed->errstr; print $feed->title, " "; for my $entry ($feed->entries) { } ## Find all of the syndication feeds on a given page, using ## auto-discovery. my @feeds = XML::Feed->find_feeds('http://example.com/'); DESCRIPTION
XML::Feed is a syndication feed parser for both RSS and Atom feeds. It also implements feed auto-discovery for finding feeds, given a URI. XML::Feed supports the following syndication feed formats: o RSS 0.91 o RSS 1.0 o RSS 2.0 o Atom The goal of XML::Feed is to provide a unified API for parsing and using the various syndication formats. The different flavors of RSS and Atom handle data in different ways: date handling; summaries and content; escaping and quoting; etc. This module attempts to remove those differences by providing a wrapper around the formats and the classes implementing those formats (XML::RSS and XML::Atom::Feed). For example, dates are handled differently in each of the above formats. To provide a unified API for date handling, XML::Feed converts all date formats transparently into DateTime objects, which it then returns to the caller. USAGE
XML::Feed->new($format) Creates a new empty XML::Feed object using the format $format. $feed = XML::Feed->new('Atom'); $feed = XML::Feed->new('RSS'); $feed = XML::Feed->new('RSS', version => '0.91'); XML::Feed->parse($stream) XML::Feed->parse($stream, $format) Parses a syndication feed identified by $stream and returns an XML::Feed obhect. $stream can be any one of the following: o Scalar reference A reference to string containing the XML body of the feed. o Filehandle An open filehandle from which the feed XML will be read. o File name The name of a file containing the feed XML. o URI object A URI from which the feed XML will be retrieved. $format allows you to override format guessing. XML::Feed->find_feeds($uri) Given a URI $uri, use auto-discovery to find all of the feeds linked from that page (using <link> tags). Returns a list of feed URIs. XML::Feed->identify_format($xml) Given the xml of a feed return what format it is in ("Atom", or some version of "RSS"). $feed->convert($format) Converts the XML::Feed object into the $format format, and returns the new object. $feed->splice($other_feed) Splices in all of the entries from the feed $other_feed into $feed, skipping posts that are already in $feed. $feed->format Returns the format of the feed ("Atom", or some version of "RSS"). $feed->title([ $title ]) The title of the feed/channel. $feed->base([ $base ]) The url base of the feed/channel. $feed->link([ $uri ]) The permalink of the feed/channel. $feed->tagline([ $tagline ]) The description or tagline of the feed/channel. $feed->description([ $description ]) Alias for $feed->tagline. $feed->author([ $author ]) The author of the feed/channel. $feed->language([ $language ]) The language of the feed. $feed->copyright([ $copyright ]) The copyright notice of the feed. $feed->modified([ $modified ]) A DateTime object representing the last-modified date of the feed. If present, $modified should be a DateTime object. $feed->generator([ $generator ]) The generator of the feed. $feed->self_link ([ $uri ]) The Atom Self-link of the feed: <http://validator.w3.org/feed/docs/warning/MissingAtomSelfLink.html> A string. $feed->entries A list of the entries/items in the feed. Returns an array containing XML::Feed::Entry objects. $feed->items A synonym (alias) for <$feed->entries>. $feed->add_entry($entry) Adds an entry to the feed. $entry should be an XML::Feed::Entry object in the correct format for the feed. $feed->as_xml Returns an XML representation of the feed, in the format determined by the current format of the $feed object. PACKAGE VARIABLES
$XML::Feed::Format::RSS::PREFERRED_PARSER If you want to use another RSS parser class than XML::RSS (default), you can change the class by setting $PREFERRED_PARSER variable in the XML::Feed::Format::RSS package. $XML::Feed::Format::RSS::PREFERRED_PARSER = "XML::RSS::LibXML"; Note: this will only work for parsing feeds, not creating feeds. Note: Only "XML::RSS::LibXML" version 0.3004 is known to work at the moment. $XML::Feed::MULTIPLE_ENCLOSURES Although the RSS specification states that there can be at most one enclosure per item some feeds break this rule. If this variable is set then "XML::Feed" captures all of them and makes them available as a list. Otherwise it returns the last enclosure parsed. Note: "XML::RSS" version 1.44 is needed for this to work. VALID FEEDS
For reference, this cgi script will create valid, albeit nonsensical feeds (according to "http://feedvalidator.org" anyway) for Atom 1.0 and RSS 0.90, 0.91, 1.0 and 2.0. #!perl -w use strict; use CGI; use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser); use DateTime; use XML::Feed; my $cgi = CGI->new; my @args = ( $cgi->param('format') || "Atom" ); push @args, ( version => $cgi->param('version') ) if $cgi->param('version'); my $feed = XML::Feed->new(@args); $feed->id("http://".time.rand()."/"); $feed->title('Test Feed'); $feed->link($cgi->url); $feed->self_link($cgi->url( -query => 1, -full => 1, -rewrite => 1) ); $feed->modified(DateTime->now); my $entry = XML::Feed::Entry->new(); $entry->id("http://".time.rand()."/"); $entry->link("http://example.com"); $entry->title("Test entry"); $entry->summary("Test summary"); $entry->content("Foo"); $entry->modified(DateTime->now); $entry->author('test@example.com (Testy McTesterson)'); $feed->add_entry($entry); my $mime = ("Atom" eq $feed->format) ? "application/atom+xml" : "application/rss+xml"; print $cgi->header($mime); print $feed->as_xml; LICENSE
XML::Feed is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR &; COPYRIGHT Except where otherwise noted, XML::Feed is Copyright 2004-2008 Six Apart, cpan@sixapart.com. All rights reserved. SUBVERSION
The latest version of XML::Feed can be found at http://code.sixapart.com/svn/XML-Feed/trunk/ perl v5.14.2 2012-03-21 XML::Feed(3pm)