Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to print a specific page
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to print a specific page Post 302105225 by randomcz on Wednesday 31st of January 2007 11:12:34 AM
Old 01-31-2007
How to print a specific page

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to print a specified page using command like lpr?

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print multi page to one for pdf in unix??

I need help on printing PS and PDF file. I find it will waste a lot of paper if I print every pages. So I want to print multipage into one. But I forgot how to do it in unix. Anyone help me!!! :D ;) :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunartio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print job seperator page

How do I get my linux login ID to print on seperator page on print jobs. Right now it prints " Remote User" thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print first few lines, then apply regex on a specific column to print results.

abc.dat tty cpu tin tout us sy wt id 0 0 7 3 19 71 extended device statistics r/s w/s kr/s kw/s wait actv wsvc_t asvc_t %w %b device 0.0 133.2 0.0 682.9 0.0 1.0 0.0 7.2 0 79 c1t0d0 0.2 180.4 0.1 5471.2 3.0 2.8 16.4 15.6 15 52 aaaaaa1-xx I want to skip first 5 line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Specific lines when found specific character

Hello all, I have thousand file input like this: file1: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ UERT | TTYH | TAFE | FRFG |$$ $$______|______|________|______|$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ 1 | DISK | TR1311 | 1 |$$ $$ 1 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Printer won't print but 1 page

OS: Slackwar 13.37 Printer: hpDeskjet 1000 j110 Printer Drivers/Software: HPLIP 3.11.3a (min was 3.10.9) and Cups The printer will print the first of n-pages but from page 2 on it prints the page (or part of it) backs up and starts again down about 0.8 lines and does this repeatedly till the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print multiple copies page by page using lp command

Hi I have a pdf file that is being generated using the rwrun command in the shell script. I then have the lp command in the shell script to print the same pdf file. Suppose there are 4 pages in the pdf file , I need to print 2 copies of the first page, 2 copies of the second page , then 2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Detect Specific Pattern and Print the Specific String after It?

I'm still beginner and maybe someone can help me. I have this input: the great warrior a, b, c and what i want to know is, with awk, how can i detect the string with 'warrior' string on it and print the a, b, and c seperately, become like this : Warrior Type a b c Im still very... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radynaraya
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print with awk specific field different from specific character?

Hello, i need help with awk. I have this file: cat number DirB port 67 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 71 er_enc_out 56 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 74 er_enc_out 0 er_bad_os 0 DirB port 75 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elilmal
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print multiple specific column after a specific word?

Hello.... Pls help me (and sorry my english) :) So I have a file (test.txt) with 1 long line.... for example: isgc jsfh udgf osff 8462 error iwzr 653 idchisfb isfbisfb sihfjfeb isfhsi gcz eifh How to print after the "error" word the 2nd 4th 5th and 7th word?? output well be: 653 isfbisfb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvinandco
2 Replies
lpr(1)                                                              Apple Inc.                                                              lpr(1)

NAME
lpr - print files SYNOPSIS
lpr [ -E ] [ -H server[:port] ] [ -U username ] [ -P destination[/instance] ] [ -# num-copies [ -h ] [ -l ] [ -m ] [ -o option[=value] ] [ -p] [ -q ] [ -r ] [ -C/J/T title ] [ file(s) ] DESCRIPTION
lpr submits files for printing. Files named on the command line are sent to the named printer (or the default destination if no destination is specified). If no files are listed on the command-line, lpr reads the print file from the standard input. THE DEFAULT DESTINATION
CUPS provides many ways to set the default destination. The "LPDEST" and "PRINTER" environment variables are consulted first. If neither are set, the current default set using the lpoptions(1) command is used, followed by the default set using the lpadmin(8) command. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by lpr: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -H server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -C "name" -J "name" -T "name" Sets the job name. -P destination[/instance] Prints files to the named printer. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -# copies Sets the number of copies to print from 1 to 100. -h Disables banner printing. This option is equivalent to "-o job-sheets=none". -l Specifies that the print file is already formatted for the destination and should be sent without filtering. This option is equivalent to "-o raw". -m Send an email on job completion. -o option[=value] Sets a job option. -p Specifies that the print file should be formatted with a shaded header with the date, time, job name, and page number. This option is equivalent to "-o prettyprint" and is only useful when printing text files. -q Hold job for printing. -r Specifies that the named print files should be deleted after printing them. COMPATIBILITY
The "c", "d", "f", "g", "i", "n", "t", "v", and "w" options are not supported by CUPS and produce a warning message if used. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpadmin(8), lpoptions(1), lpq(1), lprm(1), lpstat(1), http://localhost:631/help COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2011 by Apple Inc. 29 August 2008 CUPS lpr(1)