Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing PL/SQL variable value to Shell Varible Post 302105033 by aigles on Tuesday 30th of January 2007 09:58:25 AM
Old 01-30-2007
You can try somthing like that (not tested) :
Code:
printf "%s\n" "set pages 0 serverout on feed off" \
"select sysdate from dual;" \
"select min(sal) from emp;" \
"select max(sal) from emp;" \
"select avg(sal) from emp;" \
"select ENAME from emp;" \
| sqlplus -s scott/tiger \
| { read read var2; read var3; read var4; read var5;
     var1=""
     while read emp
     do
         var1="$var1$emp "
     done
}
echo "Employee Name is $var1"
echo "Date is $var2"
echo "Minimum of Salary is $var3"
echo "Maximum of Salary is $var4"
echo "Average of Salary is $var5"

Jean-Pierre.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Passing variables to sql from batch shell in linux

Hi, I need to put this command in a batch shell. sqlplus -s user/password @test.sql and in the test.sql I have this command select * from pbempl where pebempl_id = $1; How I can pass the variable $1 from the batch shell??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama71
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing value to a variable in a SQL

Hi Folks, This is a small chunk of the bigger problem which i am facing and some help here will help me resolve the rest of the issue. Problem is that i need to pass the value of a variable from a shell script to a SQL query (infact a lot of SQL's) i have the following solution but somehow... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argumnets from shell script to sql

hi I all , I have sql statment in my shell script , I pass two argument to the script I need to pass the this two arguments to the sql statment example : runsql.sh "1" "2" sql : updat tables_x set y=0 where A=:x should subsituted by "1" and B=:y shuold subsituted bt "2"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script

Hi all, I am executing shell script in which I am using SQLLDR In this SQLLDR I am passing text file having PL/SQL script. This script will produce some formated output, this output I have to spool in another text file. Currently I have given this in script file as following Spool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string variable from Unix to Sql Plus

Hi Guys, I am trying to pass a string variable from Unix shell script to sqlplus as a parameter. I have tried using single quotes with the variable name but it does not work. Please help me with it. I am using BASH. My code: Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, shil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infintenumbers
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the result of an anonymous pl/sql block to a shell script

Hello, Here is the code i have written to get the count of a plsql query back to the unix. function checkforCOIDs { countcheck=`sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 whenever oserror exit sql.oscode rollback whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode rollback set serverout on size 2000; set head off feedback off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2eee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to sql

How to pass variable to sql file. Im tryin in two ways, Method 1: my.sql select * from table where col1 = '$1' and col2 = 'text'; Method 1execute: dbaccess database my.sql $var Method2: select * from table col1 in (`cat inputfile`) and col2 = 'text'; method... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class - Create a SQL::Translator schema from a DBIx::Class::Schema instance SYNOPSIS
## Via DBIx::Class use MyApp::Schema; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect("dbi:SQLite:something.db"); $schema->create_ddl_dir(); ## or $schema->deploy(); ## Standalone use MyApp::Schema; use SQL::Translator; my $schema = MyApp::Schema->connect; my $trans = SQL::Translator->new ( parser => 'SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class', parser_args => { package => $schema, add_fk_index => 0, sources => [qw/ Artist CD /], }, producer => 'SQLite', ) or die SQL::Translator->error; my $out = $trans->translate() or die $trans->error; DESCRIPTION
This class requires SQL::Translator installed to work. "SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class" reads a DBIx::Class schema, interrogates the columns, and stuffs it all in an $sqlt_schema object. Its primary use is in deploying database layouts described as a set of DBIx::Class classes, to a database. To do this, see "deploy" in DBIx::Class::Schema. This can also be achieved by having DBIx::Class export the schema as a set of SQL files ready for import into your database, or passed to other machines that need to have your application installed but don't have SQL::Translator installed. To do this see "create_ddl_dir" in DBIx::Class::Schema. PARSER OPTIONS
add_fk_index Create an index for each foreign key. Enabled by default, as having indexed foreign key columns is normally the sensible thing to do. sources Arguments: @class_names Limit the amount of parsed sources by supplying an explicit list of source names. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, DBIx::Class::Schema AUTHORS
See "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-05-10 SQL::Translator::Parser::DBIx::Class(3pm)