Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing PL/SQL variable value to Shell Varible Post 302104917 by roopla on Monday 29th of January 2007 02:35:31 PM
Old 01-29-2007
shell_var=`$ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus -S test/passwd@service > ${logfile} 2>&1 << EOF
SET FEED OFF;
SET TERMOUT ON;
SET VERIFY OFF;
SET ECHO OFF;
SET HEAD OFF;
SELECT sysdate from dual FROM DUAL;
EXIT
EOF`

echo $shell_var

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Passing variables to sql from batch shell in linux

Hi, I need to put this command in a batch shell. sqlplus -s user/password @test.sql and in the test.sql I have this command select * from pbempl where pebempl_id = $1; How I can pass the variable $1 from the batch shell??? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama71
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

passing value to a variable in a SQL

Hi Folks, This is a small chunk of the bigger problem which i am facing and some help here will help me resolve the rest of the issue. Problem is that i need to pass the value of a variable from a shell script to a SQL query (infact a lot of SQL's) i have the following solution but somehow... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamitsin
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argumnets from shell script to sql

hi I all , I have sql statment in my shell script , I pass two argument to the script I need to pass the this two arguments to the sql statment example : runsql.sh "1" "2" sql : updat tables_x set y=0 where A=:x should subsituted by "1" and B=:y shuold subsituted bt "2"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing values from sql to shell script

Hi guyz, Posting a thread after a long time. I want to pass two variables to unix shell script from sql script. Note: I am calling sql script from unix script. sql script has 2 variables one is the return code for status of program run and second one email flag. I don't know how to capture... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing Hash variable in to sql query in perl

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help me how do i call hash variable in to sql query in perl. Please see the script below i have defined two Hash %lc and %tab as below $lc{'REFF'}='V_RES_CLASS'; $lc{'CALE'}='V_CAP_CLASS'; $lc{'XRPD'}='V_XFMR_CLASS'; $tab{'V_RES_CLASS'}='V_MFR_SERS';... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing filename dynamically in SPOOL of SQL*PLUS in shell script

Hi all, I am executing shell script in which I am using SQLLDR In this SQLLDR I am passing text file having PL/SQL script. This script will produce some formated output, this output I have to spool in another text file. Currently I have given this in script file as following Spool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekharjchandra
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a string variable from Unix to Sql Plus

Hi Guys, I am trying to pass a string variable from Unix shell script to sqlplus as a parameter. I have tried using single quotes with the variable name but it does not work. Please help me with it. I am using BASH. My code: Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, shil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infintenumbers
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the result of an anonymous pl/sql block to a shell script

Hello, Here is the code i have written to get the count of a plsql query back to the unix. function checkforCOIDs { countcheck=`sqlplus -s $1/$2@$3 whenever oserror exit sql.oscode rollback whenever sqlerror exit sql.sqlcode rollback set serverout on size 2000; set head off feedback off... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2eee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable to sql

How to pass variable to sql file. Im tryin in two ways, Method 1: my.sql select * from table where col1 = '$1' and col2 = 'text'; Method 1execute: dbaccess database my.sql $var Method2: select * from table col1 in (`cat inputfile`) and col2 = 'text'; method... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from file to sql from script

Hi Friend, I have one file in which some number are mentioned and number of lines are vary every time And i need to pass that number to my sql command from script. Suppose i have file acc.txt 45456546456 45464564565 67854353454 67657612132 Number of records are vary every time.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
20 Replies
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer(3pm)

NAME
SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer - Reserved SQL words by SQL Server SYNOPSIS
if ( SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer->is_reserved( $word ) ) { print "$word is a reserved SQL Server word!"; } DESCRIPTION
Determine if words are reserved by SQL Server. METHODS
is_reserved( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 7, 2000 or 2005. is_reserved_by_sqlserver7( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 7. is_reserved_by_sqlserver2000( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 2000. is_reserved_by_sqlserver2005( $word ) Returns a boolean indicating if $word is reserved by SQL Server 2005. reserved_by( $word ) Returns a list with SQL Server versions that reserves $word. words Returns a list with all reserved words. EXPORTS
Nothing by default. Following subroutines can be exported: is_reserved is_reserved_by_sqlserver7 is_reserved_by_sqlserver2000 is_reserved_by_sqlserver2005 reserved_by words SEE ALSO
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms130214.aspx AUTHOR
Christian Hansen "chansen@cpan.org" COPYRIGHT
This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.8 2008-03-28 SQL::ReservedWords::SQLServer(3pm)